Geddy Lee Jazz Bass vs. 60's Classic Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pearloid, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Pearloid

Feb 24, 2004
  2. The Geddy is probably the superior out of the two.

Because a lot more effort is put into the signature models, as in attention to details, and consistancy of good instruments.

Plus it looks cooler, and probably sounds a lot better.
  3. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I have played both and I must say I like the 60's bass alot better :bassist:
  4. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've got one of the 60's jazz and all I can say is it's brilliant when I tried it I also tried an american reissue 75 jazz and they pretty much felt and sounded the same.

I've not tried the geddy but i've heard it's great. Normally I would say go for the geddy because its made in japan and fenders normally lean towards the better than mim ones. But the 60's jazz is great for the same price range would it be worth looking at a ken smith design jazz they look good and I would presume a little better than even a mij fender.

Anyway hope that helps
  5. Pearloid

Feb 24, 2004
    Price really doesnt come into this one, since they both have the same list price of $899. (On sale for $629 at Music123)

Thanks very much for your responses thus far.
  6. MIJs are generally worth more than MIMs, so if they're the same price, the Geddy is probably the better deal in this case. I haven't played that particular MIM, but I've played a few others and a Geddy. No other Fender has ever felt quite so "right" in my hands as the Geddy; if I needed another 4-banger, I would own one. YMMV.