1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Geddy Lee Jazz in London, UK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SirCanealot, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Okay...

Does ANYONE know where I might find a shop in London with some Geddy Lees sitting around? I've been aching to try one for ages since I'm really interested in them, but there's too many other bases I have gas for to just order one! (£700 is still a lot of money for a 22 year old with bills to pay after all :))

I've tried all the usual places around Central London. Bass Cellar always gives me "We sold one last week, but there's none in right now." "Will you be getting another one in any time soon?" "Dunno, it's just the same as a '7x jazz bass anyway."

Seriously, the next time someone in a shop tells me it's the same as a 7x jazz bass, I'm telling them what the difference is!!! :mad:

So... Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! :D

2. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Definitely not the same. Since they're so hot that none of the stores can keep them in, maybe they'd be willing to order one for you without a deposit?

3. The Bass Centre has had one in each time I've been there. Put on your poker face and haggle hard, you should get a reasonable deal. Play one first, I couldn't get on with the neck (which most say is wonderful, I must be a mutant or summat!)

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Hang in there, it's a great bass, worth the trouble of tracking one down. In the US, they go for the equivilent of around 400 pounds, so figure import taxes and whatnot, and haggle them to fairness, my friend. Good luck.

5. Bass Centre! I think I went there once before, but they were out at the time :(
    Have to make a call in the week and maybe get outta work early one day...

And unfortunately my wallet is pretty much dead right now; I just wanna try one!

I want to try one asap, as the Squire Vintage Jazz Basses have me interested (the ones with the natural wood finish). I've tried two out now and have been strangely attracted to the sound, so I'm thinking... they're a lot cheaper than the Geddys...

They're £625 on gak.co.uk, so I figure I'm not going to get much less than that. But I can always order one from there; no rush to buy one from the shop when I do have the money anyway, tee-hee :p