Geddy Lee Jazz Neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jefft54, Jun 22, 2005.

1. I must be missing something but my GL jazz arrived yesterday and there is no access to the truss rod. I've had basses where the adjustment was at the top of the neck and one where it was at the bottom of the neck. The Geddy has what lookes like where you would adjust it at the top of the neck but it's not open. Does this bass need the neck removed to adjust? Do I have some weird manufactoring error? Never seen this before.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You have to remove the neck to adjust it. They were faithful to the original design, all 60's and 70's Jazz basses were that way. It would have been nice if they had routed a channel on the body. Some of the guys that have one have done that mod to their Geddy.
  4. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Yeah, its no big deal if you need to loosen up the 4 neck screws and tweak the rod. My Mustang was the same way. It all goes back together nicely. Actually if you need to, just lossen them up enough to get the screw driver in there.
  5. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I think its a pain in the ass. Being new at setups I would have to take that neck off and on many times before I got it right. Oh well.. enough squawkin'