Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy Lee Jazz Neckplate

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Winston TK, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    I've noticed several pics of the Geddy Lee Signature Jazz with a "Fender Limited Edition" neckplate, yet the one I am currently renting (and enjoying tremendously, I might add) has a plain neckplate.

What's the deal?

2. It was supposed to be a limited run but because of it's immense popularity, fender added it to their normal line up.

So I guess the recent ones don't have "limited edition" plate.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Does that mean that my 'Limited Edition' is worth more?

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think if they stopped making them, they would go up in value but since they're still in prodcution, I doubt it.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I was thinking of Ebaying the neck plate...

6. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    A guy selling an older model one on Ebay claims this:

"What separates the Limited Edition from the other Geddy Lee models is the fact that it has a copper grounding strip coming from the bridge and also has American Standard Jazz pickups in it, not the 60's reissues."

Any truth to this???

7. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I own A new GL bass and it has the blank neckplate and raised beveled pole pieces in the pups, so which is which? Has there been a change to the GL bass or not?

8. mine's with the limited edition neck plate but I don't see any grounding strip :meh:

9. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Mine does not have the strip either, does your bass have raised beveled pole pieces on the pups? I remember the 60 reissue pups being beveled but not raised :meh:

10. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    bsbs