Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy Lee Jazz pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by xcental34x, Nov 29, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm really digging the pickups on the Fender Geddy Lee Signature and I'm thinking of getting some for my Jazz. THe only info I can find on them is from the Fender site is: PICKUPS 2 Vintage Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickups (Mid & Bridge)

Does anyone know anything else about them and can I buy them separately from say Muscians Friend or other retailers?

~Patrick

2. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    from www.angela.com:

Fender Original Jazz Bass. Fender studied Jazz Bass pickups from the early '60s and duplicated the materials and construction to produce these modern classics. Features flush mounted Alnico 5 magnets, black fiber bobbins, enamel coated magnet wire and cloth covered output wires. The result is a sound that's articulate, with plenty of definition and midrange with tight low-end growl. OEM on American Vintage and Geddy Lee J-basses. Bridge pickup DC Resistance 7.5K, inductance 3.35 henries. Neck pickup 7.25K, inductance 3.2 henries. Complete with black cover and mounting hardware.