Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy Lee Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sleazylenny, Aug 21, 2002.

1. sleazylenny

sleazylenny

Jun 20, 2002
    Mpls, MN
    I was in a store a couple days ago, fartin' around with basses and picked up the Geddy Lee model. I love the feel of the neck and have alway liked badass bridges and old-style (read:large) fender machine heads. Everything, including the reasonable price, screamed "buy me!!!"

But, uhhhh....

I've alway been wary of artist endorsed models. ( maybe because of that Gene Simmons Axe bass I played) (Juuuust kidding!)

Anyhoo, If you folks have any pros or cons regarding the Geddy Jazz bass, I'd love to hear them.

Thanx, Sleazy

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I don´t know about that model, but I tried the search here on talkbass. I searched for Geddy Lee in "Basses" and it yielded 298 results.

You might want to try a search first.

3. sleazylenny

sleazylenny

Jun 20, 2002
    Mpls, MN
    But...but...most of 'em will be a bout Geddy's playing or Rush or somethin'. I'll have to wade through PILES of unrelated threads!!! I...I... oh, alright ( walks away with head down, mumbling)

But I'll be back:D

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i would be helpful here, point out a bunch of good things about the geddy lee jazz bass, might mention that i've never heard anything bad about 'em, and a lot of good about 'em, even might suggest slapping a j-retro in there for a kick ass mod...

but i won't, because your sig offends my sensitive sensibilities. mommy!!

:rolleyes: :D. j/k

5. sleazylenny

sleazylenny

Jun 20, 2002
    Mpls, MN
    Actually a search did confirm alot of what you just "didn't" say about the GL Jazz. Sound like a good bass. I love the neck. I learned it was copied from Geddy's own shaved down Jazz neck.

As for my sig, I have nothing against 6, 7, 9 or even 15 string basses ( not my cup o' tea, but live and let live). My problem lies with bassists who think they're BETTER because they have more strings but don't have a clue regarding rhythm, holding down the fort and laying down the low end( in other words, "guitar players"):p

Sleazy