Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy Lee - My Favorite Headache

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by keb, Sep 28, 2004.

1. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Still seems like this album just came out yesterday, but it's been about 4 years... oy oy, time flies.

Anyway, I hadn't listened to this album in a while and just decided to put it on just now. Good good stuff. "Runaway Train" (currently playing) is such a great song. In my mind a few of these songs rank up there with a lot of the classic Rush tunes.

2. Quite Rush-sounding, without sounding like Rush. If that makes sense? :D Geddy is Geddy, and it's nice to hear other musicians playing with him. My Favorite Headache is definitely a great album.

3. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Coincidently I`ve just been listening to this album too, after a couple of years.
    I like the way Geddy started to experiment with some vocal harmonies, a resource that he used later during Vapor Trails.
    I really like 3 or 4 tracks of the album. I can`t deny the quality of the musicians but (fortunately) they didn`t sound like Rush.

4. yeah, one of my friends here at college introduced me to geddy's solo album...it is pretty cool. i didn't think it sounded to much like rush, but it still had a rush flavor to it imo. i will still probably stick to rush though!

Charlie

5. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I heard about this one thru Gard and bought it for myself - the opening cut is still the best. Geddy's meanest, most aggressive tone and line ever.

6. That is a superb album.
    Still is my favorite song on it.
    Classic album.