1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Geddy Lee - My Favorite Headache

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by keb, Sep 28, 2004.

1. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Still seems like this album just came out yesterday, but it's been about 4 years... oy oy, time flies.

Anyway, I hadn't listened to this album in a while and just decided to put it on just now. Good good stuff. "Runaway Train" (currently playing) is such a great song. In my mind a few of these songs rank up there with a lot of the classic Rush tunes.

2. Quite Rush-sounding, without sounding like Rush. If that makes sense? :D Geddy is Geddy, and it's nice to hear other musicians playing with him. My Favorite Headache is definitely a great album.

3. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Coincidently I`ve just been listening to this album too, after a couple of years.
    I like the way Geddy started to experiment with some vocal harmonies, a resource that he used later during Vapor Trails.
    I really like 3 or 4 tracks of the album. I can`t deny the quality of the musicians but (fortunately) they didn`t sound like Rush.

4. yeah, one of my friends here at college introduced me to geddy's solo album...it is pretty cool. i didn't think it sounded to much like rush, but it still had a rush flavor to it imo. i will still probably stick to rush though!

Charlie

5. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I heard about this one thru Gard and bought it for myself - the opening cut is still the best. Geddy's meanest, most aggressive tone and line ever.

6. That is a superb album.
    Still is my favorite song on it.
    Classic album.