Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

geddy lee neck question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gfunk 121, Oct 18, 2005.

1. gfunk 121

gfunk 121

Apr 16, 2004
    would that fit on a american series jazz bass without drilling extra holes or any kind of modification to the body.i wanna make sure i keep it original just in case i wanna sell it.thanks

2. BillisCool

BillisCool

Apr 16, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    My buddy that bought my Geddy neck popped it in a Warmoth body with no problems... And my American P neck fit perfectly in the Geddy body... so I'd have to say yes. :)

[​IMG]

3. CoreyP

CoreyP

Jul 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Actually I'm Bill's buddy, lol - the luthier did have to do a little extra routing in the corners of the neck pocket to make it flush, it was an extremely tight fit (i.e. you'd have had to force it in and neither of us wanted to, part of this was due to the overlap of the finish from Warmoth and part of it was due to the the actual slight difference in shape between the neck and pocket - he reshaped the pocket and took the finish down on the neck to make the two flush. I'd say, based on my experience, you won't be able to put the Geddy neck on an MIA body without some modification to either the neck or body...

4. gfunk 121

gfunk 121

Apr 16, 2004
  5. CoreyP

CoreyP

Jul 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY