1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

geddy lee pickguards

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CDT, Mar 28, 2006.

1. CDT

CDT

May 29, 2005
    triad, nc
  2. CDT

CDT

May 29, 2005
    triad, nc
    bump

3. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    No where that I know. Most after market Jazz PGs will not fit the Geddy unless it is made for that model.

I got mine from: Guitar Parts Resource

It was worth spending the $49 to get a perfect fit.

[​IMG]

4. pdusen

pdusen

Aug 18, 2004
    Any pickguard that is made for a standard fender Jazz will fit the Geddy. The screw holes won't line up, but it's not a big deal to drill new ones into the body (the old ones will be under the pickguard, safe from view.)

5. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Not true....at least that was my experience. I had a Fender white pearl PG that was on my standard jazz. Perfect fit on that bass. I was going to put it on the Geddy when it came in. It wasn't even close to fitting good. Not only did the holes not line up (as you mentioned), but the pickup opening did not line up either. The only way it would have fit was to start re-shaping the PG and drill new holes in the bass (sorry, but not a option for me).

The one I ended up buying fit perfect.....no modification needed.

6. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Why does the Geddy not have the same screw holes as a Fender?
    Maybe a Squier might fit.

7. CDT

CDT

May 29, 2005
    triad, nc
    well, I'm not going to drill on a new bass for a pg..I'll F it up quick enough as it is lol

thanks for the link..I don't mind spending $50 if I have to...