"Geddy Lee" Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5fretless, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Check out this site folks.

Scroll down and look at the bass on the left, last but one row.....

I had only previously (on e-bay I think) seen a natural Japanese Precision with black block markers.

Looks really cool don't you think ?

Would also be good with a mirror scratchplate for that Phil Lynott/Geddy Lee hybrid look - of course you could only play Rush and Thin Lizzy tunes on it - nothing else !!

I'm seeking my contact in Japan to order one for me. Will post pictures once I put an extra Jazz pickup in the bridge position and fit a badass bridge..........

2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  3. Wow, these basses are sweet. My only gripe with Fender is that they offer tons and tons of overseas only basses, like the ones you linked. I'd be looking for a mid priced reissue P... of course Fender doesn't offer a MIM one like the Classic 60s J, only a 51 P, so I'd have to buy an American Vintage at 3 times the price... Fender Japan has got models in every price range, from MIM equivalent to MIA equivalent.

EDIT: Not to mention all the models! Fretless unlined P's, 70s J's with every block inlay combo possible...
  4. Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    ^^ The 51 P reissues are acually Japan-made.
  5. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    nothing wrong with japan made fenders! they are great :)
  6. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Any idea how much these are or how to get one?
  7. Why not just get them from japan then, the shipping from thier stockists isnt that much and is apparently pretty quick
  8. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    After looking around at some of those 70's J basses, I want one of the blue ones with block inlays and matching headstock very, very badly.
  9. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I wish Fender offered more stuff here too, but they did just introduce a MIM Classic Series '50s P-bass that looks like a '57 RI, with gold adonized pickguard and all. It might be just what you're looking for. I can't wait to try one myself:

10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Personally, I think it looks pretty bad with the blocks... but that's me. It's a jazz bass thing, Precisions look funny with 'em.
  11. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    I love binding/blocks too... but i'm gonna agree. they look a little odd on a p.
  12. pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    my dad has a mij '64 reissue p-bass, he got it from a local store...so it should be possible to get mij reissues in the u.s.
  13. I found out about these about an hour before you posted this! I'm definitely interested!
  14. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Says at the top of the Rockinn pages that they only accept orders from Japan. Maybe Ishibashi could get that model in for you on order.
  15. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Wow, that bass looks pretty hot!!!
  16. Those Japanese know how to make a damn good looking bass!
    I wish America would do the same! :ninja:
  17. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Fender Japan has such cool stuff. I'm not a Fender fan, but so far I've seen 3 Japan-only models I'd buy.