Geddy Lee Sig.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassmanJ17, Apr 3, 2004.

1. BassmanJ17

Apr 2, 2004
    Hey ya! Who all has played on one of the Fender Geddy Lee Sig. basses? I really, REALLY need a bass that works (own a squier and OLP mm2, hate both). I have been very pleased with Fender gear in the past, and I like how the bass looks, but looks are nothing. I am looking for something that is slap-friendly, has a very versatile array of tones (especially a very powerful bass), and a relatively narrow neck. Have I found what I am looking for, and if not, what would you recommend?
  2. i loved my geddy lee sig. it's the one bass i wish i hadn't sold, but i will replace it someday! i never had a problem getting all kind of tones out of it. i never got to try one before i bought mine, but i was lucky. it's always a gamble with those kinds of purchases. my opinion is go for it... if you don't like it, you can give it to me! ;)

3. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    The Geddy Lee sig is a very good bass. People have encountered neck problems, and the neck cannot be adjusted unless it is removed. It does have a very nice tone, and is very slap friendly. Tone wise, it's just like a jazz bass.. Not the greatest array of tones, yet still has good tones. If you really want a tonally versatile bass, find something with active electronics. Why don't you try looking for a used stingray.
  4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    Welcome to TB! I'm not an expert on "slap-bassing", but I heard that Fender Jazz Bass is a good slap bass
  5. chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    My geddy is great for slapping. I was a little disappointed with the tone at first, but my other basses are active. I put in the J-retro preamp, and it's a slapping, tonal beast now.