Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy Lee Sig.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassmanJ17, Apr 3, 2004.

1. BassmanJ17

BassmanJ17

Apr 2, 2004
    Hey ya! Who all has played on one of the Fender Geddy Lee Sig. basses? I really, REALLY need a bass that works (own a squier and OLP mm2, hate both). I have been very pleased with Fender gear in the past, and I like how the bass looks, but looks are nothing. I am looking for something that is slap-friendly, has a very versatile array of tones (especially a very powerful bass), and a relatively narrow neck. Have I found what I am looking for, and if not, what would you recommend?

2. i loved my geddy lee sig. it's the one bass i wish i hadn't sold, but i will replace it someday! i never had a problem getting all kind of tones out of it. i never got to try one before i bought mine, but i was lucky. it's always a gamble with those kinds of purchases. my opinion is go for it... if you don't like it, you can give it to me! ;)

~furio

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    The Geddy Lee sig is a very good bass. People have encountered neck problems, and the neck cannot be adjusted unless it is removed. It does have a very nice tone, and is very slap friendly. Tone wise, it's just like a jazz bass.. Not the greatest array of tones, yet still has good tones. If you really want a tonally versatile bass, find something with active electronics. Why don't you try looking for a used stingray.

4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    Welcome to TB! I'm not an expert on "slap-bassing", but I heard that Fender Jazz Bass is a good slap bass

5. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    My geddy is great for slapping. I was a little disappointed with the tone at first, but my other basses are active. I put in the J-retro preamp, and it's a slapping, tonal beast now.