Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy Lee with different pickguards?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Jun 28, 2004.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Anyone have a picture of one with a different pickguard?

2. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    I've seen one either here or on ebay with a black pearl pickguard.

Yummy!!!!!

3. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Do a search for Geddy Lee bass because sometime back I did see a thread on here with some Ged bass mods. Some guy totally hooked up this Geddy bass including a cool looking mirror pickgard.

4. Here's Nino's old one with a black pickgaurd. He also got lucky and got a flame maple board. Sexy as anything.

5. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
  6. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I want to put a white pearloid pickguard on mine... once i've bought my strings and get more cash, it's going to happen

7. pitbill

pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    Here was my old one....sporting a reissue tort guard and actual 70's hardware.

[​IMG]

8. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Picked it up from the Bay, actually. I believe it is originally from WD music products.

I ended up purchasing two from different auctions, because the first didn't fit very well, and was more silver than black pearloid.

9. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Here's mine.

10. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    That's sweet! The black pearl on black is mighty nice..

11. What about that blue pearly one on the Reggie Hamilton bass? Thats what i want on mine!

12. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    That pickguard is the same as the other pickguard I have. I really like the silver look of it, but wanted a darker look for my Geddy.

(looks for digital camera...)

13. Bump.

Cause I'm ordering mine tomorrow.

Need some GAS help.

14. chrome....would look perfect

15. I think Nino had a mirror pg on his Geddy for a bit.

16. im considering getting a jazz sig..either the geddy lee and put a chrome, or a white Marcus Miller and put chrome pick gurads on it...just like one of larry grahams moon basses....mmmmmmm...moon bass

17. I think that's black pearloid.

18. Now that I look.

Is Nino's above actually a Geddy sig?

Flamed maple board, seymore duncans, new knobs, truss rod cover at bottom of neck...

Me confoozed.

19. According to Fender Fronline 2004 (puts on glasses and talks ina n english accent) They call it "BLack Moto"..white moto looks cool