Geddy Lee with different pickguards?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Jun 28, 2004.

1. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Anyone have a picture of one with a different pickguard?
  2. modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    I've seen one either here or on ebay with a black pearl pickguard.

3. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Do a search for Geddy Lee bass because sometime back I did see a thread on here with some Ged bass mods. Some guy totally hooked up this Geddy bass including a cool looking mirror pickgard.
  4. Here's Nino's old one with a black pickgaurd. He also got lucky and got a flame maple board. Sexy as anything.
  5. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
  6. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I want to put a white pearloid pickguard on mine... once i've bought my strings and get more cash, it's going to happen
  7. pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    Here was my old one....sporting a reissue tort guard and actual 70's hardware.

8. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Picked it up from the Bay, actually. I believe it is originally from WD music products.

I ended up purchasing two from different auctions, because the first didn't fit very well, and was more silver than black pearloid.
  9. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
  10. modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    That's sweet! The black pearl on black is mighty nice..
  11. What about that blue pearly one on the Reggie Hamilton bass? Thats what i want on mine!
  12. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    That pickguard is the same as the other pickguard I have. I really like the silver look of it, but wanted a darker look for my Geddy.

(looks for digital camera...)
  13. Bump.

Cause I'm ordering mine tomorrow.

Need some GAS help.
  14. I think Nino had a mirror pg on his Geddy for a bit.
  15. im considering getting a jazz sig..either the geddy lee and put a chrome, or a white Marcus Miller and put chrome pick gurads on it...just like one of larry grahams moon basses....mmmmmmm...moon bass
  16. I think that's black pearloid.
  17. Now that I look.

Is Nino's above actually a Geddy sig?

Flamed maple board, seymore duncans, new knobs, truss rod cover at bottom of neck...

Me confoozed.
  18. According to Fender Fronline 2004 (puts on glasses and talks ina n english accent) They call it "BLack Moto"..white moto looks cool