Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy Lee

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Big Thump, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Big Thump

Big Thump

Jun 29, 2005
    North of 49
    I went to the Fender site and both the Geddy and the Marcus are now blank ,are they discontinuing them,I sold mine for financial reasons a short while ago,but I really miss it and am lookin' for a new one,as mentioned everywhere else on this board I think they are an incredible value.I think I like it more than my Thumb,the Thumb shoul have been the one to go.Cheers

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Woah! That is weird. Maybe an error or server ReVamp, I hope. :crying:

3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I think that for some reason they don't have pictures up of the basses, and very much doubt that Fender would discontinue one of their most popular models (the GL, especially with the new Rush R30 DVD coming out in November - that's tantamount to free publicity for the model.)

There are other basses tha don't have pictures, such as the Reggie Hamilton Jazz V, Sting signature, American and American Deluxe Jazz fretlesses, and the AD Jazz QMT - again, I agree that it's a web thing and that Fender isn't discontinuing a quarter of their product line.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Someone pointed out that the blanked out basses (Geddy Lee, Marcus Miller) are all of Japanese origin. I heard a rumor in another thread that Fender was having issues with their Japanese makes, but nothing has come of it since then, as far as I know.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    One thing to note, though, is that at one point the pictures of the MM and the Geddy, etc., were up, which means they actively took them off.

6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Do a search on the Steve Harris P bass and rethink that idea ;)

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I've got mine! BACK OFF!!!

:bag:

:D

8. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Mine's on the way, so I don't much care. :p

9. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Ok, settle down you filthy animals. ;)

I just got off the phone with Fender and the rep I spoke to not only said he's not aware of any plans to discontinue, but also said that "that thing's been huge" and "there's actually a big backorder on that model right now... like 300 people waitin' on them."

In short, not sure what the web snafu's all about, but I'm reasonably sure the Geddy's still very much solidly in the line.

FYI.

10. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks Vic. I wish I had a Geddy... :(

11. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Well, if it's any comfort, it doesn't look like your chances of getting one are diminished by availability, at least. Keep your eyes open here and at evilbay. Deals on these pop up from time to time. Good luck!

12. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks Vic. ;)

13. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Just tried to order a B stock Geddy from music123 for $437 - Fender have stopped them shipping to the UK! Grrrrrr...........

I know this is a recent thing because a mate had a Fender Strat from them shipped over here.

Oh well, my loss is your gain, get in there quick, sounds like a good deal to me (compared to UK prices anyway - here the Geddy goes for around £675, that's $1188!!)

EDIT Anyone know of a US dealer who may be prepared to ship me a Geddy over here?