1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

geddy lees rotosound

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Crockettsonny84, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Crockettsonny84

Crockettsonny84

May 30, 2007
    sm66s or what? idk wat gauge

2. rsautrey

rsautrey Inactive

Jul 27, 2000
    Currently Geddy Lee uses Rotosound RS66LD Swingbass stainless steel roundwounds in the following gauges: 105 80 65 45

3. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Inactive

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    At one time Geddy used Dean Markleys.

4. rsautrey

rsautrey Inactive

Jul 27, 2000
    That is not true. Alex Lifeson (guitarist) is a Dean Markley string user but the only other strings that Geddy has ever used was Labella Flatwounds and Superwound Funkmasters.

5. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Inactive

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    OK, I stand corrected. I saw the thankyou credit to Dean Markley on the back of the Subdivisions disc or the Moving Pictures disc. They left out Roto. I guess Roto didn't give them any strings. No promo deals, no album credit. Sounds fair. The Stones except for Darryl Jones, use Slinkies.

6. Actually Geddy used Ernie Ball Slinkies for the Rush in Rio shows. I'm not sure if it was due to his finger injury, but he thanks Ernie Ball in the credits to Rush in Rio. For the really detailed, if you look at the headstock of his Fender's in the closeups no red silk.
    B

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021