1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Geddy Lees

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Dec 15, 2006.

1. im in the process of ordering myself a geddy lee, since fender dont have any in the country i can either wait 2 months until there is, or i can try and get one from the US, one thing ive noticed is that there are some with a limited edition neck plate, and some that are just normal...are there any difference between the two?

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    IIRC, the limited edition neck plates were from the first couple of years of production. Once they realised how great of a seller it was, it was just adopted into their line.

3. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    The Geddy is made in Japan anyway. Order it from Ishibashi.

4. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Most major online retailers will carry the Geddy Lee - I bet they'd ship to you as well. It's a hugely popular bass. It's also worth the price, which I can't say about any other Fender I've ever played. The Geddy Lee is a solid bass.

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Go to any well known store the deals sells Fender then ask for "expedited" shipping. expedited shipping means they send just the bass straight to the store and they don't have to wait for a shipping company to have enough merchandise going to your neck off the woods. That is the reason shipping always takes soo long! It will cost you a little bit more but you will have your bass in a matter of day's instead of month's. The last couple of basses I ordered from Fender this way, I ordered my FMT V on a friday evening and it reached me in NYC monday morning for $22 bucks! Ask about it and gice it a try!

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    You are right about every body carrying this bass but everybody uses a shipping company not related to the store itself! What ends up happeneing is your bass will sit in a warehouse until a container whether it's a truck, train car, etc gets full and then only then will the shipment start it's journey! This happened to me with a new GK combo coming from Califonia. By combo made every stop on the way between California and NYC! I waited a month then gave up! In the real world to see something you want and to have it shipped to you would be great but everyone else want's their stuff too! so wait your turn becomes the order of the day. Unless you get "expedited shipping" then the focus is on YOUR package!:D Remember stores sell stuff, they don't care how long it takes to get to you once it leaves their store!

7. i cant be bothered ordering from overseas, im getting a real good price from a shop in melbourne as it is anyway, they're getting some in next month, its fender australia waiting to get their shipment from fender usa, because fender usa have stopped exporting for a few weeks for the holidays