Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy p/u spacing???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xbradx, Jan 23, 2005.

1. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    this is for all you proud GL owners out there(or anyone else who'd know i guess)... is the bridge p/u in it's "normal" spot or in the '70's and Marcus spot closer to the bridge?

2. LizzyD

LizzyD Chocoholic

Oct 15, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Sadowsky Artist
    It's closer to the bridge. Recently I measured and compared to my 2000 MIA Fender Jazz, there is almost 1/4 inch difference I think (I forget exactly, maybe less).

3. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    ok, cool. thanks for the info! i was thinking about using a geddy to put a musicman p/u into, but need a model with the bridge p/u in the "normal" spot to make routing easier.

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    The pups on the Geddy are in the same position as the 75 jazz bass.
    I measured this with my 75R.I. jazz and they are the same.

5. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    i'm assuming you're referring to the MIA '75 RI. because my old MIJ '75 RI had the bridge p/u in the "normal" spot farther from the bridge, not the true '70's position.

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound

Yes that be the MIA 75R.I. bass

7. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    ok, thanks, that's what i thought. from the measurements i've taken from both my marcus and my 77 stingray it seems that the bridge p/u in a standard jazz is in approx the same spot as the bridge coil in a musicman p/u. that's why i was hoping the Geddy's had their bridge p/u in the "normal" position. oh well. thanks for the info guys!