Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geedy Lee Jazzer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whamonkey, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Just picked up a Geddy at GC for $580...this bass is sweet! The tuning machines suck, I'll be putting some Schallers on her soon but other than that and the crappy truss rod adjustment access, this bass is perfect. Sounds like a classic Jazz that's for sure, lots of bite, super fast neck and the Badass II bridge gives it gobs of sustain. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow night, the thing is a blast to play. Anybody else here think this may be the best deal for around $500 going? It rivals the Fender Marcus, that's for sure.......

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    absolutly right,nothing best for this price.

3. BillisCool

BillisCool

Apr 16, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I almost feel like I should get another. :)

I put an MIA p bass neck on mine though!!!

4. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

You may have seen my thread with the "Custom Owner..."

The thread is about how I was very pleasantly surprised how good this bass sounded and played. I like it more than the Marcus Miller Jazz.

5. avid

avid born lefty

Jun 22, 2005
    Ashland, Oregon USA
    How come Fender doesn't make the Geddy Lee in a Lefty version. I waaant one!

avid :bawl:

6. So do I.....but I know the MM is extremely popular round here.

7. I just read your thread and I have to say, after all the intelligent comments you had the thing spun off into idiocy. Who gives a rip what you play, just play the thing dagnabbit! Ok........back to the Geddy. I just can't put it down and my SR5 is getting jealous.

8. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Yeah, it did fall into the idiocy zone, but I brought it back to life. It turned out OK.