1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Geetars: I kinda like these Fender Gibsons!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Aren't they sweet!

..well, as far as geetars are concerned anyways! ;)

Fender Esquire Custom GT, MIK(!), set neck, US-Duncan Invader pup, the street price is probably somewhere around $500.

[​IMG]

Fender Strat-o-Sonic Black Dove I (phew!), MIA, P90 "Black Dove" pup, street perhaps something like $1100.

[​IMG]

Both simple and efficient geetars with nice pups, very Gibson-like designs with neck profiles and such. I'm no geetarist so I probably wouldn't care for the (price of) Strat-o-Sonic but that Esquire looks nice - and felt nice too when I gave it a try in local store.

2. yea, when im in a music store, i always like to try out a Tele just for kicks. i don't know a lot of chords or anything for that contraption, but it's still fun.

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    That's cool. I dig Telecasters. I want to get a MIA natural finish model.

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yup, I had a MIJ Tele from late 80's, kinda yellowish cream body, white pickguard and maple neck. I thought it was a shame to have such a good axe sitting in my room not being used much, so I sold it to my friend, a gospel guitarist, and now it sees regular gigs - it actually became his main axe after that. We agreed in "buy it back" option if I still miss it after few years, though, so perhaps I'll get it back some day.

Actually, he has his gear listed in the web, so here's a pic of the particular guitar. The mere sight raises GAS.

[​IMG]

5. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    another tele fan. but i have to say, I love that shade of blue :) i'm a big fan of natural finish guitars but that's gorgeous looking, it could really be doing without that go-faster DodgeViper stripe thing.

6. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Despite me hating the telecaster shape, I dig the blue one quite a bit, and the "minimalist" vibe is pretty cool on that one. However, if I was a guitarist, I would give that Strat-o-sonic some thought; That's a REALLY nice guitar IMO!:bassist:

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    im a hige tele fan..so is my dad who has had teles since his first real guitar a new '69..now hes looking for another '69

the strat o sonic has two p-90s and they rip..the esquire is bad..but the fmt is better

my thineline is the best tho' :D

steve