Geetars: I kinda like these Fender Gibsons!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Aren't they sweet!

..well, as far as geetars are concerned anyways! ;)

Fender Esquire Custom GT, MIK(!), set neck, US-Duncan Invader pup, the street price is probably somewhere around $500.

Fender Strat-o-Sonic Black Dove I (phew!), MIA, P90 "Black Dove" pup, street perhaps something like $1100.

Both simple and efficient geetars with nice pups, very Gibson-like designs with neck profiles and such. I'm no geetarist so I probably wouldn't care for the (price of) Strat-o-Sonic but that Esquire looks nice - and felt nice too when I gave it a try in local store.
  2. yea, when im in a music store, i always like to try out a Tele just for kicks. i don't know a lot of chords or anything for that contraption, but it's still fun.
  3. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    That's cool. I dig Telecasters. I want to get a MIA natural finish model.
  4. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yup, I had a MIJ Tele from late 80's, kinda yellowish cream body, white pickguard and maple neck. I thought it was a shame to have such a good axe sitting in my room not being used much, so I sold it to my friend, a gospel guitarist, and now it sees regular gigs - it actually became his main axe after that. We agreed in "buy it back" option if I still miss it after few years, though, so perhaps I'll get it back some day.

Actually, he has his gear listed in the web, so here's a pic of the particular guitar. The mere sight raises GAS.

5. CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    another tele fan. but i have to say, I love that shade of blue :) i'm a big fan of natural finish guitars but that's gorgeous looking, it could really be doing without that go-faster DodgeViper stripe thing.
  6. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Despite me hating the telecaster shape, I dig the blue one quite a bit, and the "minimalist" vibe is pretty cool on that one. However, if I was a guitarist, I would give that Strat-o-sonic some thought; That's a REALLY nice guitar IMO!:bassist:
  7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    im a hige tele is my dad who has had teles since his first real guitar a new ' hes looking for another '69

the strat o sonic has two p-90s and they rip..the esquire is bad..but the fmt is better

my thineline is the best tho' :D