Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geezer Butler

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ColdYinTiger, Jan 30, 2001.

1. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Anyone else here like Geezer? He is easilly one of my favorite bassists. Black Sabbath was the best....to bad they dont make music like they used to anymore... But anyways back to the subject at hand. Does anyone else here like this guy other then me?

2. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    yup:)

N.I.B. is easily among my fave riffs of all time...

3. Geezer is great, i really like his tone to, i have no idea how he can sound that good the way he plays though!!! i recently bought the reunion movie-the last supper-and hes nuts!!! its a great movie for all us sabbath fans to!

steve

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Are you serious? Does anyone like him?

Geezer is one of Metals founding fathers. He is a true Bass God. His influence on millions of us continues to be profound. No other bass player has had nearly the depth of impact as Geezer for helping me form my style and interests when I was a beginner. His jamming grooves and bouncy tone are unmatchable to this day.

So I guess my answer is, yeah.

5. GEEZER IS A GOD, i saw the reunion tour a few years back and he can still f**king rock out, at his age, absolutly incredible!!

~Jeremy~

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    geezer is GREAT
    if you like sabbath listen to the new tribute album and be amazed by cover song made by moster magnet (GODS) and godsmack!

7. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    All Hail Geezer!!!!

8. this topic almost doesn't need to be, it almost like asking "can jack bruce play bass"

9. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Geezer is god. Most bassists around my area and my age dont even know who he is. He is easily one the best metal bassist's of all time. BIG influence on me.

10. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    How old are you?

Us old-timers (or geezers, as some call us) worship Geezer. Its disappointing to think that his talents are not still inspiring the masses.

Keep up the good work ColdYinTiger!

11. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Geezer is really cool, although I´m not a Sabbath fan..I will buy some BS cd´s soon..Any recommendations?
    ..and btw...Have you guys heard the Black Sabbath tribute cd? It´s GREAT!

12. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I'm 17 myself. Pretty young to even know who he is but my dad used to let me listen to sabbath when I was really young, got me into the music I like today (Everything). The tribute is awsome, heard most of the stuff on it. (Mental Note: Buy the cd)

13. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    It's kind of like Geezer is going to be the James Jamerson of kids today! The funny thing is that Geezer and Sabbath were only a few years behind Jamerson and the Motown years - about 3 years at best. Hard to believe that the first Black Sabbath album came out 31 years ago! I feel so old.......

14. Geezer easily is one of the great rock/metal bass players especially since he has such a great tone and really moving solid riffs.

Planet Caravan has to be one of the trippiest songs, anyone hear Pantera's version good but not as good.

15. that really hurt, and to phreaky i my favorite would probally be master of reality, i realy like all of them up to never say die and hevean and hell, not a big fan of technical ecstaty

16. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Technical Ecstasy came out waaaaay BEFORE both Never Say Die and Heaven & Hell. I Love all the Sab albums so I'd say just go ahead and BUY THEM ALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

17. For best results I would suggest keeping to the earlier Ozzy-era Sabbath...by far their most productive period IMHO

18. the wizard

the wizard

Oct 10, 2000
    Sweden
    Yeah, Geezer is the king.
    He has A LOT to teach all Offspring, Blink18284345 and Limp Bizkit worshipping teen heathens of today. Geezer (togehter with a certain Steve and a certain Cliff) taught me and many others how to break free from unison riffing and still make it heavy. That ability is a big contribution to any metal/heavy rock band. Not very common today, sadly.

So, all young aspiring metal bassists out there: get the first six Sabbath albums right away!

http://www.satellitecircle.com

19. sweetleaf

sweetleaf

Dec 12, 2000

Try Master of Reality. One of the best metal albums ever...
    I think Nativity in Black I is way much better than II.