Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geezer

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MattK, Jun 20, 2001.

1. MattK

MattK

Jun 20, 2001
    atlanta , GA
    man i cant get enough of geezer during the first solo during iron man , i got winamp set so i only hear the left channel, bass solo, been listening to just that part for 10 min now.... :)

2. really? Thats nice

3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I've been listening to Geezer for over 30 years now...and still haven't had enough of him...:)

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Geezer is the king of bass gods. Its too bad so many musicians dont get past hearing only the basic riffs that Sabbath did. Sure they're great riffs but geezer really shined on their more obscure tunes and under the solos (like in Iron Man) that very few people bother to analyze. They hear the main riff of Iron Man and shut out the reest, or they hear Paranoid and think thats all they can play. But, the rest of us can appreciate geezer in all his glory.

5. Sir_Bassalot

Sir_Bassalot

Jul 4, 2001
    Geezer Truley ruled

6. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    GEEZER IS THE REASON I STARTED TO PLAY BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was mesmerized just watching that dude play!!!!!!! CRAAAAAAAA----ZYYY!!!!

WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

P.S.-DID ANYBODY ELSE HEAR RUMORS THAT SABBATH IS WRITING ANOTHER ALBUM?????? IF IT'S TRUE I CANT FRIGGIN' WAIT!!!!

7. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    I will have to agree that Geezer is awesome. Some of my favorite stuff is the bass part on solitude and the intro to war pigs. Among many, many others.

8. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    yes, black sabbath is making material for a new album

9. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    NIB!!!! GEEZER IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    UPDATE: Geezer Butler to join Metallica!

11. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    That would be great! Could you picture the audition? But at this point Geezer might have more in common with Dick Cheney than James hetfield.

12. i love geezer butlers sound. How does he make his bass sound like that... anyway i think he was an excellent bass player and that a lot of people don't notice where he really shines but i sadly was never impressed with the solo at the beginning of NIB. It was good but he could have done better with (i believe) his only stand alone solo.

13. What's all this about Geezer was this and Geezer was that ?

Geezer still is the best Heavy Bassist ! His work still sounds great.

He is very underrated I don't think he's played a bad bass line ever. His sound to me is like an amp that is almost on the verge of blowing up, not crazy distortion or anything but like an amp made to work so hard it's about to say it's had enough, and please can I go home now !!!

It's difficult for me to choose any tracks that I like above others, I've been following the Sabbs for nearly 30 years but.. I like the bass work on Warning /The Wizard /Solitude /Iron Man /All moving Parts ( Stand still ) /Juniors Eyes
    And ofcourse everything else he plays !

14. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Yea, Terrence rocks hard. He also has a very addictive bass style if you get listening to him too long. A kind of "Well, if I'm gonna have some fret noise then I'm going to make it friggen' HUGE!" thing. Bloody marvelous. I still have to remind myself to calm down and not grind all my fretted notes in any high-energy situation. Maybe that's what I play fretless mostly...no great need to do that on fretless... :D

15. KumoriNeko

KumoriNeko Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Me Too!!

Yeah, I think they are coming out with a new album soon.