1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gemini Chorus questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shoegazebass, May 20, 2016.

1. shoegazebass

shoegazebass Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Sf Bay Area
    Folks who own, have owned or have played around with one of these:

I'm hoping that the Gemini can replace my Analogman Bi Chorus and Ibanez FL9 Flanger as I'm trying to reduce my recording setup a fair bit. I haven't really liked the few video demos I've seen of the pedal using the default settings but understand that this pedal is plenty flexible. I like the Bi Chorus' wetness quite a bit but would love to have some different sounds available to provide more options.

Also, is there a list available somewhere? I can't get a sense of what models available through the Neuro app through the demos and can't see what's on tap.

Anyway, any thoughts or opinions would be valuable!

blindrabbit likes this.
  2. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    The Gemini chorus sounds great! Replaced my Tech21 Bass Boost Chorus for sure, but I generally run a very slow chorus rate so not sure how it holds up for the really seasick tones.

The factory engines for chorus are the usual dual/quad chorus sounds but I use several of the awesome published scenes (especially the awesome CE-5 emulation from @gastric !) or mess with the EQ options on the factory engines to make a very bright, slow chorus to try and nail Hook tones. I'd love for a Clone Theory scene when someone way smarter than me publishes it!

blindrabbit and Driven Crane like this.
  3. shoegazebass

shoegazebass Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Sf Bay Area
    I definitely like the Hooky sound, so that's a positive.

Is there a list of what engines are available? Any other folks wish to share their experiences?