Gender change: now I use protection

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jughead6, Jan 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I'm paranoid. Rather than potentially damage pedal jacks by repeatedly plugging and unplugging cables, I have a short patch cable and a gender changer on the input of the first pedal on my board and the output of the last pedal on my board.

Gender Changer.jpg

Am I the only gender changer around here?

2. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    Seems... kinda... byzantine.

3. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    Many people use patch bays...

Patch bays are great. They don't lead to great clickbait titles like yours, but are still useful.

neuman and Adamixoye like this.
  4. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    That's a little weird. Replacement jacks are cheap if you ever wear one out which is not likely.

Adamixoye likes this.
  5. iamprowla

iamprowla

Nov 28, 2016
    UK
    If you have your pedals on a board (eg. a pedaltrain), you can get a patch panel to permanently attach to the board, so you never unplug your pedals.

6. Byzantine indeed, but for good reason. I have one on my output because of experiencing some one stomping upon or tripping upon my signal cable and ruining the output jack on my last device. In one case the Jack was ripped out of the effect and broke the circuit board. Reason I carry a spare signal cable.

7. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    Yes you're paranoid...

8. I bought a "in out" box so kind of like a patch bay but never installed it on my board think overkill really but may install it if I end up rewiring and tidying my whole board like I plan to *shrug*

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021