1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gene Simmons' Axe on eBay Charity auction!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kickin'Fruit, Sep 27, 2006.

1. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    nope.

2. Haha, yeah I didn't think so.

So I'm thinking I want to be Gene Simmons for halloween. Only trouble I anticipate having is getting the Axe. I found some minature ones on ebay but looks like I'm going to have to make one myself.

Any ideas on the cheapest way to make one under $50? Maybe buy a broken bass and then hack it up?

3. Other than the fact it's for a great cause, nothing makes me want to buy that 'bass'.

4. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    The current bidder is a LOTR freak, that's for true. Runner up bidder has spent nearly $50k on Ebay Harleys in the last month.

5. mobax

mobax

Dec 31, 2002
    New Baltimore, MI
    No GAS here. I might just be me but I doubt that the bidders are bass players.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Calling Nino ! :bag:

7. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    Wow, Gene Simmons is giving money to someone other than himself?:eek:

8. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Doesn't really fit in with my wife's concept of "interior design" . . . :p

9. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Inactive

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    i can't believe somebody wants to pay $46k for that.

10. Actually, its a piece of history, rock n roll history, its just like paying 1 million for an artifact that looks like poop, literally...

11. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Actually, I don't think it's his actual bass. The listing refers to "limited edition," so I would infer that it's just a copy of his famous axe (pun intended).

Makes it even that much more ridiculous that someone might spend real money on it (other than the virtue of giving to charity).

12. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    And the most ridiculous part of all is that people have such fanatical devotion to a mediocre bass player who got by almost entirely on image alone:bag:

13. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Inactive

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    plus i'm sure gene simmons would sign anything you give him anyway.

14. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    The record sales speak for themselves. He is a recognised part of rock history, and one can only aspire to reach his level of success. Nice looking bass too, something that people will remember seeing, not like many of us with "just another bass" that likely none in our audiences will remember seeing :)

15. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hmm, that or a brand new Lexus? Or M3? :rolleyes:

16. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I think he was more than just mediocre. He was no Jaco, but good enough for the genre and being able to sing while playing gets my attention.

What company made that particular bass anyway? The auction just says it's "of superior quality and workmanship". I know Jackson made a few as well as Kramer.

17. this is one of the black 1000 limited punisher basses sold initially in Spencers in the mid 90s..they have sold on ebay(5) within the past 6 months for 1000.00 to 2500.00///there is one on ebay now with a bid of 1500.00/.......they were all autographed and numbered by him!!!!!

18. I think the actual one is on display at the EMP in Seattle. I've seen it. (...unless there's more than one...)

19. that must be perfect for playing while sitting,

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021