1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gene Simmons Is Bringing Back His PUNISHER and AXE Basses!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twdavis13, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    i dont really give a flying hoot who cares about this or not, but i just thought i'd post, gene simmons posted on his website in response to a fan letter that he is going to be briging back his punishers and axes SOON. i personally wouldnt mind one, and now they'll be widespread available.. cant wait!

LinK: Third article down.:bassist:
    http://genesimmons.com/fanstories/index1122.html

2. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Nice Find!!!

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Punisher bass.

3. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    same here!! im tired of trying to look for them in such sparse quantities, and shopping on ebay and craigslist doesnt really strike my fancy either, as you arent always guaranteed conditional excellency.

4. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    bump

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I hope they're well made, and not sell-out crap like Paul did with the Silvertone brand models...collect all four! get a poster!

I thought the punisher bass was a nice design.

6. BTBplayer

BTBplayer

Oct 24, 2008
    Rochester,NY
    Yeah as long as those punishers are well built , oh yeah !
    The "axes" are just stupid , sorry for my opinion showing there .

7. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    I had an original Punisher. SN #113. Just unloaded it last year. It was "OK"...but I am more of a traditional fender body kinda guy... it was slightly nose dive prone too

8. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
  9. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Could this be more hype from the master of hype?
    How many of these could he really sell; don't think the kids dig the whole Kiss thing.
    Imagine the cost for set up and manufacturing; they'd have to flip a few thousand for Geno to make any cash; and that's certainly what he's about; not that bthere is anything wrong with that.

10. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    I had one of the naturals but it did not come with EMG's and was a huge pile of dung. I sent it back to the seller. It was, I'm assuming, one of the Spencer's Gift era models.

Oddly it didn't have any strap buttons. No holes or anything either.

I wouldn't mind one of the BC Rich era Punishers. I'd be curious to see how nice the new ones are. I always loved the look of them.

11. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    You know the funny thing is I'm nearly positive there's some screamo-pop group that's very popular right now where the bassist uses a Punisher. The reason I say that is we get threads all the time from young kids saying "where can I buy a Punisher bass, I'm dying to have one!" And when people respond by posting links to the half dozen Punishers that are always for sale with a super-high price tag, the kid always complains "where can I buy one cheap?"

IMO it's highly unlikely that all these kids are KISS fans. But somebody has made them want a Punisher. :) I have no idea who, though.

12. Tried one, hated it. Fret work was lousy, finish was par at best, and the knobs felt really cheap. Why line $immons pockets anymore? You can do so much better.

13. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    The punisher looks cool. If they can make the new ones with some quality, I would certainly check one out.

14. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    If I had a nickel for everything Gene said he was coming out with 'soon' that never saw the light of day... :rollno: Now the op is excited just because he said "Yes. Soon." Give me a break, I wouldn't hold my breath...

While you are turning blue though, here is a lamp to read by:

[​IMG]

15. JmJ

JmJ

Jan 1, 2008
    NYC
    Gene must need some more cash.......

16. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    Gene $immon$ doe$nt need any more ca$h.
    He ha$ gold plated lawn furniture, ju$t like Phil Collin$

17. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    bump

18. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    One of my wife's game accessory vendors sent her a Gene Simmons Axe Guitar for Rock Band... does that count? Feels about the same build quality as some mentioned above. :)

19. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    I like that lamp. All you need to do is change the shade and you have a cool lamp.

20. JmJ

JmJ

Jan 1, 2008
    NYC
    I don't think Gene would agree with you.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.