1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gene Simmons will personally deliver the latest KISS CD Boxed Set to you for only $50,000

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 27, 2017.

1. tr4252

tr4252

May 27, 2013
    How much would it cost me to tell him I think he's a schmuck?

Better yet, for $2000.00 I'll personally deliver the message. I know that's cheap, but I'm not a big shot star like he was.

Tom

Pauly 4001 likes this.
  2. interp

interp

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    I will pay Simmons $50,000 NOT to come to my house.

Pauly 4001 likes this.
  3. tr4252

tr4252

May 27, 2013
    He was a sort of reverse role model for me; I thought that if KISS was an example of success in the music industry, I'd probably do better as a draftsman. (I have an aversion to spitting blood on stage).

Tom

4. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    How much is that in Euros? He might charge more to fly to Germany. :laugh:

interp likes this.
  5. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    I wouldn't pay $2,000 to spend two hours with anybody, let alone $50,000. The only exception would be if the money could bring back my mother who passed away in 2013 and always supported my music.

movinngruvin and TheBear like this.
  6. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    "Okay guys, Gene's going to be here soon. Now remember- and this is very important- everyone needs to keep their arms at their sides at all times. Do not under any circumstances extend your arms out to welcome him. Trust me on this."

Standalone, grinx, steamthief and 4 others like this.

7. Very important to remember. Otherwise, next thing you know, you're living in sin at the Holiday Inn.

Killed_by_Death, Funky Ghost and dxb like this.
  8. jwilson67

jwilson67

Jun 2, 2015
    San Dimas, CA
    You know - just when you thought Simmons had pushed every last boundary of bad taste and using people (including his fans) he actually tops himself. I saw him on KTLA morning news last week here in L.A. and he was referring to this being a big "Thank You" to his fans for giving him the life he now has. His big thank you is to PAY to hang out with him and make him even more rich.

I swear to everything that is holy I have never seen a bigger purveyor of absolute c**p than this guy.

cdef likes this.
  9. jwilson67

jwilson67

Jun 2, 2015
    San Dimas, CA
    I have this idea that if you hugged Gene, small parasitic creatures would emit from his skin and infiltrate your body.

10. covermego

covermego Still here....... Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Redding, CA
    All I know is that picture of him looks like an interior decorator that tried to sell me blinds and carpet. Come to think of it, she was pretty repulsive and offensive. Called herself "Jean". Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

11. shadven

shadven Twang-tastic Bass Player and Song Writer Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I rock, therefore I am.
    I'm in!

Funky Ghost likes this.
  12. Kevan Campbell

Kevan Campbell Bergantino Artist, Vibe9 IEM Artist Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Brilliant publicity move, I guess I hope it works out for him. I think it would be kinda cool to hang out with him but I don’t have 50 large to do so and don’t even know 25 people who...let alone 25 people who would each pay $2k for it.

13. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Tough room! ;)

Well there is this:

Past Events – Mending Kids

Simmons was the last to take the stage. A supporter of MendingKids.org for several years, the 65-year-old entertainer invited anyone with $1,000 to donate to the organization to come up and sing with the band. About 10 donors took him up on the offer, including his son and daughter, and they shared the stage with Depp, Simmons and the rest of the band during the closing number, the Kiss hit "Rock and Roll All Nite."

14. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I like some Kiss songs however not worth that much to me to meet an arrogant man. This guy would put his name and/or face on a piece of dog poop if he could make a buck off it. Just my thoughts.

Phud likes this.
  15. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

You say that like it's a bad thing :D Some folks are driven. He came from abject poverty as an immigrant. I can get where he's coming from even if I can't personally identify with it. He is the American dream. Work hard and succeed. In a service business no less. If nobody wanted it, he'd be broke and teaching English.

mikewalker likes this.
  16. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I preferred Stanley's, but also thought Gene's was the worst of the 4, closely behind Peter's.

What has bugged me about this box set is that when he talks about it on TV he claims he'll deliver it to you for $2K, which is a lie.

I think that you get to meet him at a specific location for $2K (with all the other fans in the area), but I could be wrong about that...

Funky Ghost likes this.
  17. I listened to the first couple of minutes of the Terry Gross interview and I have drawn some conclusions:

1. I want to kill them both.
    2. She’s trying to lead him to certain answers rather than asking open-ended questions.
    3. He clearly doesn’t want to do the interview, and I’m wondering why he did it, other than not wanting to waste an opportunity to show his behind.
    Gene Simmons is a loser. He must be broke to try to con people into paying for this stuff.

18. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    Dio had the best Gene jokes:

19. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Yeah, I think the 2k is a regional meeting place. I’ll bet it’s akin to a backstage meet and greet....”smile, photo...keep moving”.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  20. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Gene Simmons’ thought balloon: “As long as random strangers are talking trash about me on the Internet, I’m still relevant!”

Post #1:

For $2,000, you can attend one of 21 "Vault Experience" events across the world. In addition to the personalized and autographed box set -- which is "packaged in a massive 12” x 12” x 6” leather-bound commemorative book featuring dozens of never-seen-before images of Simmons over his 50-year career" -- fans will be treated to a "songs and stories" playback and Q&A session, and granted one-on-one photo, autograph and video time with Simmons.

mikewalker likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021