1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gene Simmons will personally deliver the latest KISS CD Boxed Set to you for only $50,000

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 27, 2017.

1. madbass6

madbass6 Inactive

Jan 13, 2009
    I do not give consent to use any of my photos ! please respect that. thank you.
    total creepo ! Thanks but No thanks !!

2. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    No human communication is 100% free of bias. Objectivity is an ideal, never truly a reality.

3. selowitch

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Gene’s interview with Terry Gross was awful. He came onto her on the air, made numerous condescending and sexist remarks, and even insulted her as a fellow Jew (by calling her a Gentile—not that there’s anything wrong with being a non-Jew, but Gene acted as though there was).

Standalone, cdef, GregC and 1 other person like this.
  4. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Reading some of these posts makes me feel like I'm at the cool kids' table in the lunchroom & they're firing off remarks about the non-cool kid who happens to be wealthier than they are.

How do you guys feel about Nickelback?

mikewalker likes this.
  5. Tim Skaggs

Tim Skaggs

Sep 28, 2002
    Gene is who he is. In the history of R&R, obnoxious, presumptuous, conceited jerks are fairly common. Gene might not even be in the top 10 worst if you make a list. It's his job to act the way he does, he has a reputation to uphold. I think he believes he still has a lot of fans who worship the ground he walks on based on the prices quoted. A lot of his fans are close to his age and probably don't want to burn any retirement $$ on him, but there are probably some wealthy fans that have that kind of spare money and may have him over to impress their friends......

6. D Garr

D Garr Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Trump won I accept that,but as a President?

7. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Enough with the political drivel already...

Nope, that's Billy Zane!

220px-Billy_Zane_Cannes_2010.jpg
    :roflmao:

8. Hounddog409

Hounddog409

Oct 27, 2015
    ohio
    Big deal. I travel a lot for work. A week in Louisiana or Oklahoma is under 2500.

That's airfare, hotel, rental car, and food

So he pockets 47500.

For that he better paint my house, replace the roof, and whatever else I can think of.

9. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Yep! Regardless of what someone thinks of Gene (and the other KISS members), the fact is, they played the game, and they won.

10. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    For that kind of money, I'd want him to bring along his better half....

_97158895_56c8659d-e0d1-4b59-8656-b570d424497e.jpg

Nev375 and mikewalker like this.
  11. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    I knew Gene around 1999-2000 and he was always fretting about money as appears to be his nature.

Which is to say, if you wrote his site and said "I only got ten grand, but i'm local," the response would be, "OK, but it is a no-quote deal. Gene will be right over."

Gotta spend to save!

mikewalker likes this.
  12. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Interested to know where that unfiltered news outlet is.

Standalone likes this.
  13. REMBO

REMBO

Jul 26, 2011
    Connecticut
    I wish i had the money....

14. selowitch

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    I don't know the man personally. My impression of Gene as I have gleaned from the media is not exactly favorable. KISS is not my cup of tea musically, either. I will say this, however: Anybody who can get up in front of thousands of people with all that makeup, costumes, and platform shoes and under all those bright, blazing-hot lights and deliver that kind of performance for two-plus hours with that level of showmanship has to command a certain amount of respect. They earned a boatload of money by being fabulously entertaining.

I suspect that the guys in KISS are also much better musicians than they are sometimes believed to be.

15. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    The kicker is, it will take you another 50 grand to get him to leave afterwards.

zontar likes this.
  16. To paraphrase a line from 'The Godfather': Take Shannon, leave the CD's.

I don't know how he's got time for deliveries, I thought I heard the ASPCA is suing him for squeezing nickels so hard, the buffaloes were dying en masse.

17. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    I found that interview. Nothing for nothing, but I think Simmons should be wearing that codpiece on his shoulders.

steamthief likes this.
  18. Ant Illington

Ant Illington I'm Anthony but I'm only illin' Inactive

Badass!

19. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Does the lucky recipient get all of Gene's STDs as well?

20. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Anyone who is willing to pay $50K to meet Gene Simmons absolutely deserves to meet Gene Simmons.

I'm thankful not meeting him is free.

cdef and salcott like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021