1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gene Simmons will personally deliver the latest KISS CD Boxed Set to you for only $50,000

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Check this out.

On The Rolling Stones last tour, you could buy a pair of VIP tickets and meet and greet package (time may be limited to 15-90 seconds with each group) for a mere $25,000.

The Experience
    After 55 years and over 250 million albums sold, The Rolling Stones continue to earn their keep as the greatest rock band that ever was. This fall The Stones will hit Europe’s major cities for their “No Filter” mega tour, and IfOnly has your invitation to meet the mythical rockers in person.

A pair of premium seats await you at the available tour date of your choice, where you will arrive to the venue early for a special pre-show reception. Then get ready as Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie unleash a half century of unforgettable hooks. From “Sticky Fingers” to “Tattoo You,” The Stones are behind some of the most influential albums in popular music. Witness the band’s signature live electricity from some of the best seats in the house.

Your incredible evening will culminate with a face-to-face meeting with The Stones themselves. Shake hands with the legendary musicians and capture the moment forever in a photo. You will also take home a custom-picked merchandise bag packed with limited edition concert memorabilia. Funds from this experience will benefit Community Links, an environmental, service-learning, immersion, volunteer, and international educational organization.

Details
    • Two (2) premium reserve tickets to The Rolling Stones’ “No Filter” Tour
      • Exact location will not be available until day of selected show and may be anywhere in the band's allotment
    • Priority check-in and entrance
    • Pre-show hospitality reception
    • Meet & Greet with the band
    • Personal photo with the band
    • Swag bag with merchandise
    • Travel and accommodations not included
    • May require a background check
    • This experience is non-refundable once purchased
    • This experience is non-refundable once purchased
    • Because of unforeseen circumstances with luminaries’ schedules, experiences may be canceled or rescheduled. To allow for a smoother, more nimble booking process, guests are strongly urged to arrange for refundable airfare and accommodations when travel is required.
    • Logistics may not be released until the day before the event. Details are always subject to change; any updates will be shared via email or phone on the day of the event
    • Meet & greet timing is always subject to the artist's schedule, soundchecks, weather, etc. there may be fluidity to the timing during the experience
    • Please note that there will likely be other guests present that may have purchased or won the opportunity to meet the luminary as well; as such you may be asked to line up in order to meet them
    • Our luminaries always try to spend as much time as they can with their fans. However, in order to be sensitive to their pre-show obligations, their time may be limited to 15-90 seconds with each group
    • Please note that guests attending may be required to pass a background check (This item is listed twice on the requirements; so, you know it's important that criminals don't show up)

2. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Any talking head that pushes personal agenda over substantive reporting. Usually said talking head has the quiet support of their corporate employer. Unless the shiz hits the fan, then they distance themselves less quietly. We're all adults here. We know certain "reporting" agencies are of a certain mind about world views. NPR is a well known organization. Their leanings are not a mystery and in point of fact they have admitted as much.

I'm not going to respond to anymore on this as it could only go into rules violation territory which I'm not willing to do beyond the grey area alluding I've done. Just look into the sources ( corporate and individual ) of this and explain how it was anything other than a socially baited issue that was intentionally put forth to illicit contentious conversation.

3. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    For a band that had made merchandising their most stable source of income (AFAIK no other band has exploited it to such an extent) it's a logical step. I mean, they'll even try to sell you Kiss "air guitar strings"...

KISS Now Sell *Official* Air Guitar Strings, Seriously - Metal Injection

I think some have to rethink the "sell out" concept. Kiss transcends the "sell out" stereotype, their aim IS selling. With that in mind, they're terribly successful at their goal. I find some things people say about Kiss plain sad and envious (the same sort of envious creeps who also bash their songs, no matter how well crafted some of them are -mostly Paul Stanley's-). I don't know why some would prefer mediocre artist/sharp businessman Bono's "commited"/"moral" image, which I find really full of it, instead of Gene Simmons who is and has always been totally honest and has no creepy guilty christian poser morality for doing/promoting his business, who will tell you he wants your dollar in his pocket and is constantly thinking of different ways of giving you some value for it (well, except for the air guitar strings).

I'm honest, I find way less hipocrissy in Kiss than in MANY other "socially commited" bands. I'm honest too in admitting if I'd have to feel anything about them it'd be plain envy, won't even try to disguise it in artistic or moral crap.

4. Spectre Gunner

Spectre Gunner Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tampa, Florida
    I'd like to have $50,000 and I'd like to keep it. There is no way that I would I give it to Gene Simmons.

5. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    So, I take it you never listen to ANY TV/radio interviews? Everybody in the media has an agenda. If you agree with that agenda, you probably don't recognize the bias is there.

6. Funky Ghost

Lets not mistake a forwarding of ones ideals at the expense of another as equal to reporting a topic.

7. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Poor Gene was a victim.:roflmao:

He enjoyed every minute of that interview.

8. Funky Ghost

I wouldn't presume to know.

9. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
  10. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Ask, and ye shall receive.
    genesimmontoiletpaper.jpg
    genetoelpaperholder1.jpg

hello-kitty-kiss-toilet-paper.jpg
    kiss-toilet-paper.jpg

cdef, Mr.Ace and andruca like this.
  11. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Holy moly, now I've seen everything. 'Murica!

12. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    I grew up with Kiss but I don’t like them that much...SMMFH

Mr.Ace likes this.
  13. Liam Wald

Liam Wald Supporting Member

May 17, 2011
    California Coast
    What if he threw in a Kiss lunchbox and one of his wanker action figures?

Mr.Ace likes this.
  14. Mr.Ace

Mr.Ace Bass players rule!

Sep 8, 2015
    Pompano Beach FL
    Endorsed by Fusion ( maker of killer gig bags)
    I’m sorry but I don’t like Gene Simmons, or even one Kiss song. They were still pretty big when I was 7 or 8. Actually one of the first cassette tapes that I bought was Animalize. I thought the cover was cool. Turned out I didn’t like they’re brand of rock one iota. I personally would pay 0 dollars to have Gene Simmons bring me a box set. The whole thing sounds about like poop :thumbsdown:

Liam Wald likes this.
  15. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Terry Gross isn't a news reporter or a talking head pundit. She interviews celebrities and other newsmakers.

I hate to go here but I feel compelled:

“Elicit” is a verb that means “to obtain.” It can also mean “to draw out, to extract, or to evoke.” For example, “Terry Gross' question about the codpiece elicited a provocative response from Gene Simmons.”

“Illicit” is an adjective that means “contrary to accepted morality (especially sexual morality) or convention.” For example, “Gene Simmons responded to a question about the codpiece with deliberate hostile illicit sexual innuendo."

16. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Do 8 year olds know Kiss? I am dubious, but maybe there is a hit game of which I am unaware.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  17. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    Careful, just a cardboard cutout of him may be what actually gets delivered with the CD set...

OldDog52 and Son of Wobble like this.
  18. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Might be more interesting to talk to (also less sweaty)

19. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010

Ha! He so would if he could.

I'm surprised he hasnt sold franchises yet.

Vegas residency?

20. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Omaha, NE, USA
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021