1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gene Simmons will personally deliver the latest KISS CD Boxed Set to you for only $50,000

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    bobdabilder and D Garr- enough with the political back and forth.

Thank you

GregC and bobdabilder like this.
  2. MonsterRain

MonsterRain

May 26, 2017
    View attachment 2856433
    No, you see what they do is similar to the way you can buy a stage used Gene Simmons bass or Paul Stanley guitar in that they take the cheaper guitar and play one song with it before selling it to you for a premium only this time it is a toilet seat.

Plus in this case you are getting the actual top quality KISS toilet seat.

You can choose whether Gene sits on it to take a dump or Paul and depending on their diet it may mean a little more "stage time" which is an added value.

Once they have taken their dump and cleaned up and washed the paws they have a roadie remove the toilet seat and then the seat gets autographed with either gold or silver paint pen and then immediately put into a shadow box unless you want to get up close with it and see if it is still warm.

You then get a picture taken of you, your seat and Gene or Paul and a certificate of authenticity along with a coupon for 10% off that you may use on a one time purchase of official KISS merchandise.

Price varies because sometimes Gene and Paul are unable to make and as a result you end up with a toilet seat that has been used by Eric Singer or Ace Thayer.

THAT seat goes for $500 and the Paul or Gene used seat goes for $5K.

Sadly there definitely are more than a few people out there who would actually buy a used toilet seat that Gene or Paul has sat upon.

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    And to everyone else, please avoid the temptation of trying to "get off a sly one" on politics. These are the most divisive political times I've ever witnessed in my 53 years on the planet, and talk bass is designed to be the one place we can all go where we can all get away from that and share things we have in common.

4. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Good points of view, true and sadly yes however I get it, everyone is a fan of the things they like. Nothing against those people, I myself just know I'm not that big of fan to invest in any of that myself. Again I do like some of Kiss's music, just not a big Gene fan...but again that's me.

5. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Richland123 :)

I can only speculate why the poor boy does this to his fans.

Maybe Carol Kaye sent him the bill for his private bass lessons?

When Carol counts the beat (one $, two $, three $, four $...) for the lessons like

she used to count when she was still recording...

Gene is broke after two Kiss songs :D

Wise

Son of Wobble likes this.
  6. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Hey, no one is forcing that suburban teen to sneak the fifty large out of his parent's retirement account.
    He does it cuz he loves Gene!

7. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    For $2.29, Marky Ramone will let you pour him all over your pasta.

l_076fa389bfe8468bbde168525c2ec4dd.jpg

GregC likes this.
  8. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I wouldn't give Gen Simmons 10 cents to bring me a bagel

9. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Here they are:

10. newman4.jpg

Hues likes this.
  11. I’d pay 5 grand to not be seen with gene simmons. Seriously - like I needed another reason to dislike him even more? Harsh I know - but that is one human being that I cannot stomach in any way, shape, or form.

Chris Fitzgerald likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021