Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gene ...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by keithconn, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I heard Gene Simmons on NPR this afternoon on the show 'Fresh Air' with Terry Gross. This guy has to be on of the biggest asses walking the earth!

He was such a pompus, self centered, big headed, arrogant, rude, idiot! I couldn't believe what he was saying! And when they introduced him as the 'bassist for kiss' I was embarassed that I decided to pick up this instrument.

However I did like Terry's closing ... "Thanks for being on the show with us Gene, and I just hope that this is all an act for Kiss, and you are not such an obnoxious person when you go home and act like yourself."

The guy was truely unreal!

Later -

2. I've heard alot of stuff about this topic. Its not like he's considered to be one of the greatest musicians anyway.

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    if you want to listen to great musicians you don't listen to kiss, you listen to Mingus, Coltrane.

if you want polite messages and interviews you don't take care of what the bassist of kiss says, you take care of what your fu**ed government says.

otherwise

if i want to be happy, if i want to charge myself i dont' listen nor to great musicians nor to politicians, i listen to rock'n roll. and kiss is for me one of the best rock'n roll machine.

you can't get a drunken wife and a full bottle.

with the highest respect of Mingus and Coltrane and with no respect for politicians.

4. Gene Simmons is just... quite a character. I don't really pay too much attention. But anyway, kudos to KISS for being good entertainers...

5. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Hey, he got people talking about him, didnt he? There's nothing like a few fresh headlines to sell more toys.

6. Of course, he doesn't even play on the records, though. He has a bassist come in and ghost his lines.
    But he'll always have those yummy strung-out middleaged trailor trash groupies kissing his feet. He is known for being a real dick to anyone.

7. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    "Damn right we sell out, every night".-GS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.