1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

general effects question - full sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Edenman, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Edenman

Edenman

Aug 15, 2005
    I am new to using pedals (generally speaking) for bass. I want to try and get a fuller sound - some people have recommended a delay pedal, others a chorus pedal. I also play guitar and have used a delay pedal to get such an effect, but for whatever reason, I dont like the sound as much on bass compared to guitar. I find it more boomy (if thats a word) whereas on guitar the sound just appeals to me more I guess. What pedals would you all recommend? Also in general at a minimum, what pedals would you use? The only thing I run through right now is the Boss TU2.

2. Edenman

Edenman

Aug 15, 2005
    I also might add that I know pedals are used depending on what music a person likes...but compared to a guitar, I feel like using a distortion pedal, or wah pedal, on a regular basis is too much for a bass? thoughts?

3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Aphex bass Xciter. Do a search - we've been talking about those lately...

Joe

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    If you just want a little fuller sound, the Aphex or BBE would do the trick.