Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

general effects question - full sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Edenman, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Edenman

Edenman

Aug 15, 2005
    I am new to using pedals (generally speaking) for bass. I want to try and get a fuller sound - some people have recommended a delay pedal, others a chorus pedal. I also play guitar and have used a delay pedal to get such an effect, but for whatever reason, I dont like the sound as much on bass compared to guitar. I find it more boomy (if thats a word) whereas on guitar the sound just appeals to me more I guess. What pedals would you all recommend? Also in general at a minimum, what pedals would you use? The only thing I run through right now is the Boss TU2.

2. Edenman

Edenman

Aug 15, 2005
    I also might add that I know pedals are used depending on what music a person likes...but compared to a guitar, I feel like using a distortion pedal, or wah pedal, on a regular basis is too much for a bass? thoughts?

3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Aphex bass Xciter. Do a search - we've been talking about those lately...

Joe

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    If you just want a little fuller sound, the Aphex or BBE would do the trick.