1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Generic: looking for an affordable new head for...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KrazzyJoe, Dec 24, 2006.

1. KrazzyJoe

KrazzyJoe

Jul 31, 2003
    Oregon.
    My Ampeg SVT350H is running out 200 watts at 8 ohms (that is gibberish to me but) I need at least 400 watts for my SVT410-HEN to run efficiently.

I really don't have any idea what I'm doing here, and I'm poor in money. If anyone could give some suggestions, I'd love it.

I really don't know what kind of a price range I've got. 400ish I suppose. Give or take

Thanks, you guys are always insanely helpful.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    So you are saying your SVT410 is an 8 ohm cab? I don't think you will find any head brand new for $400 or less that runs at least 400 watts in to 8 ohms.

3. Coming in close, however, is the Carvin B800. $429 (?) plus shipping with 350/500/800 watts at 8/4/2 ohms. Just a suggestion (I haven't played one....I was trying to hit the numerical parameters you set).

Mike