1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Generic new rig thread (with pic!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pantsman, Jul 1, 2007.

1. I've finally got myself a rig worthy of its own thread! Being a University student who owns a car has meant I've had to wait and look hard for a rig I could afford, Australian gear prices hasn't helped.

As for the details, pretty simple, stock OLP MM3 (which is getting replaced with the new Squier Jazz V) into Behringer V-amp Pro then into a Warwick Profet 5.1 and finally into one of my Trace Elliot 1518's. I have another of these cabs, but the older 200watt model, its just that my brother got it off ebay for me but wont let me have it till i pay the money i owe him :p so that cab should be here in a little over a month. :hyper:

I still need a nice 6U rack case, a BBE sonic maximizer, a nice distortion pedal and whatever else gives me GAS ;) OH! and I really need to restore both the cabs, they've seen better days.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the thing i like best about this rig is the price, the cabs were AU$130 and AU$275 a peice, the amp was $550 brand new, the behringer was $100 and the bass AU$500 (bit too expensive for what it is, but I've learnt my lesson in buying basses from this)

Attached Files:

2. thebean

thebean

Jan 23, 2007
    its a very nice rig man

3. I might have to post this in the "show your budget rig" thread to get some love ey?

4. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    I have a thought, and a question. Thought: don't bother with the BBE. Question: given a bass V-amp Pro, why do you think you need a distortion pedal??

5. Well, I've tested my rig with and without a BBE and I can certainly tell the difference, I find that it cleans up my low end and give me the punch I want. As per the distortion pedal, I don't particularily like the distortions built into the V-amp, the only effect I use is the Synth. The V-amp is more for making some demo CD's and as pre-amp for my future bi-amped rig, I love the amp models it has.

6. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Worx for me. I can certainly tell a difference too with the BBE, and my choice was not to use one, anywhere. They do make a nice paperweight, however.... As for the V-amp, have you played with all the various distortion options and found nothing that works??

7. myhot4

myhot4

Jul 11, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    Wow. Where did you get a Warwick profet for $550 new?

8. Well its a strange thing actually, I walked in there and asked for a Profet 3.1 cause thats all I could afford. I know the guys who work there and they're great guys, so I asked to buy the 3.1 and Barry came out with a 5.1, I corrected his mistake, but he said it was OK and that i could get the 5.1 for $550. I only paid $300 and he still let me take it home and come in the next friday and pay the rest.

Love ya Barry :D

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021