Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gentlemen... Behold!!!! the Omni15 Airhead...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SubMonkey, Mar 11, 2006.

1. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    Pretty! I have a couple of Omni12's in-progress.

How do you find the sound? As loud as you expected? Do the mids spread out well? Did you biamp or use a crossover in the box?

2. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    So can you get any lows out of that? ;)

That is one cool looking little toy, mang. Best of luck working it out and let us hear all about it after it's been "Unloader-ed" a couple times!

I just checked out the Omni/Bill Fitzmaurice site. Cool stuff, thanks for the tip!

3. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    cripes. so many people are so much cooler than me.

4. SubMonkey

SubMonkey

May 3, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I believe you could describe it as one of your "Hi-Fi" type cabs... It seems loud... it rattles the hell out of a drop ceiling at about the same volume as I usually run my 4x10 at, but i haven't played it in a group setting yet. It has an internal 3 way crossover as per Bill Fitzmaurice's design ( www.billfitzmaurice.com ) the only change being the addition of an L-pad to the tweeter... after toying with it for a couple of days, I realize that I could have left it out. I usually don't like tweeters but this one mixes very well with the other speakers, I'm most pleased with the L-Pad wide open... go figure...

I've got a side project that I'll probably use this cabinet with until I'm sure Combo-zilla is as groovy as I think it is :D

SM