1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genuine Rickenbacker 4003FL?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kikegg, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Kikegg

Kikegg

Mar 3, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    Hi all,
    I've seen this Rick, fretted fretless as per owner description, for sale. Price is very good for a used Rick here in Spain, I think. All I've seen are 1600€+, this one sells for 1200€.

For me it looks correct, but I'd like to be sure about authenticity.

Here are the photos (Flickr album):
    Rickenbacker 4003 Jetglo

Thanks in advance!

woodyng2 likes this.
  2. msb

msb

Jul 3, 2002
    Halifax,N,S. Canada
    It's real .

3. PaulBoyer

PaulBoyer Commercial User

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    It's a real Rickenbacker 4003, looks like a 2007 build. But it looks like it has a fretless fingerboard that has been fretted. Usually, the 4003 model with the binding on the body and neck also has the large shark-fin position markers. Fretless 4003 has the simple pearlescent dots. So somebody added frets along the way sometime. Interesting!

byoung93888 likes this.
  4. Kikegg

Kikegg

Mar 3, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    Thanks!

Yes, as per owner comments, it's a FL that has been fretted by a known luthier in Barcelona. Thanks!

5. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Kind of cool looking with the bound dot neck.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021