1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

genz benz 1200 settings.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shirtforbrains, Jun 3, 2007.

1. shirtforbrains

shirtforbrains

Sep 5, 2005
    Any advice on settings on this amp. I run usually everything flat with a little extra mids and treble. Also I run the 3 knobs on the right all the way up.
    Any help would be great. Such a great amp, I don't think you can really get a bad tone out of it.
    I play a factor 4 string and a lakland 44 02 skyline. Hopefully some genz benz people are out there.

2. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    I run my monster GBE1200 almost all flat ..I add a little bass one or 2 clicks.. maybe 1 click low mid and cut hi mid about one click or 2.. I usually run the Global EQ "Bass Control" ON set at about 8 oclock to ad sub bass under everything. But only use that one global eq...And Global bass is used only about 20-30% of the time. I love this GBE 1200 amp..It does everything well.
    I play Alleva Coppolo LG5 Custom, Sadowsky NYC PJ5 and Alleva Coppolo KBP4.. Sometimes a vintage 77 musicman Stingray or early 60s P bass.. But the LG5 and Sadowsky PJ5 have been my main basses this month.

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I usually run mine flat or with the mid cut or the low boost Either set at 12 oclock. No eq sounds great.

4. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC/JAM USA: Distributor of Ashdown amplification
    I think you're going to run into some issues with the global circuits on full.

Modern amps today have very powerful eq sections. Since you're cranking the mid scoop and then putting some mids back on the channel eq, you're kind of getting crossed up. It will be hard to hear your tone too once you're in a band situation.

Resist the urge to have all the blue lights on. I run mine exactly the way Kirk does except I don't use the LF extension....I bass a teeny bit of bass on my active instrument instead....so, Kirk and I are probably achieving the same thing....or close.

5. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    we could probably swap rigs and still feel at home...
    But you have those super dupper neox cabs.. :)
    I am going to try and borrow one this week from Fishtx...

I know i am going to love that thing... gulp....:help:

My honeymoon with the GBE1200 is over.. And I know how to get a sound out of this amp.. and i have to tell you , it is real easy...
    I think this could be the new standard in bass amps...sort of the new era svt...... i dont think its hype either ...But its way cleaner than an svt if you want .. and louder.. clean as a whistle or dirty if you want... great slap amp... great real rock amp for pick or finger playing... GB really did their homework when designing this and they followed it through to production in my opinion.. Great job..

PWV likes this.
  6. shirtforbrains

shirtforbrains

Sep 5, 2005
    Thanks for the advice I will try those settings. Its such a great amp.

7. resurrecting this thread... i just got a GBE 1200 and have been messing around with it... i love how big and punchy this amp is! anyways, just wondering what some of you guys are using for settings on this thing?

8. bump

9. davedamage

davedamage Hit string, go boom.

Oct 16, 2006
    Milwaukee area
    pretty much what most of the guys said about. everything is between 11 and 1 o'clock. damn near flat. no global settings, usually only the FET channel. then again, i have a bbe in the loop and a ton of pedals in front of it. still, that being said, this is the last (big) amp i will own until i'm too old to carry it around. although i do have a neo-pak on the way.:smug:

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021