Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Genz Benz 1x15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bonscottvocals, Apr 21, 2005.

1. bonscottvocals

bonscottvocals

Feb 10, 2005
    Upstate NY
    I've got two guys locally who are looking to unload a GB 15 cab. I currently have a GB 4X10 XB being pushed by a Fender bassman 400 2x10 combo and I have another power amp for plenty of amplification. In a country/western and classic rock setting, would the 15 with 6 10's and 1000 watts total power be useful or overkill. We all love to buy gear, and they're only $100, so it's hard to pass up.

2. You wont be able to run it all together. But I would buy it to have, you would probaly like running the combo with the 115, or take the head out of the combo and run the two genz benz cabs together.

3. bonscottvocals

bonscottvocals

Feb 10, 2005
    Upstate NY
    I can run the 2x10 and 4x10 together from the bassman, then a line level to the power amp, then the 1x15 off the power amp, the combo by itself and the 1x15 and 4x10 from the power amp, or (as you suggested) the two GB's from the Bassman's head. Of course, I just wanted someone to say "pull the trigger", so that works. :bassist:

4. Oh good idea, sorry, yeah do it man, it's great having gear that matches and a 410+115 is a great combination especially with genz benz

5. bonscottvocals

bonscottvocals

Feb 10, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Is $100 about right? I would have thought they'd be more than that. I will look both over (and play through each) carefully first, of course.

6. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Paurija is selling one over in the for sale forums, to get a price "quote".

I'd buy them both, for sure.

7. :cool: Is it an LS or an XB? Either one is worth more than $100 if it's in good shape.

8. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I'd definitely jump on the deal, bro. And yes, I'm selling one and perhaps it is overpriced? hmm, I will have to re-evaluate. ;)

Jake

9. bonscottvocals

bonscottvocals

Feb 10, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Remember, we're in Upstate, NY; so they might not have a good idea. I saw a starting bid for $125 plus shipping on E-bay. I'd have to ask about whether they were XB's. My 4x10 is. I'd buy them both if I thought I even remotely needed them (I have the money), but that would give me 6x10 and 2x15. In country/classic rock? Maybe if I was in an Iron Maiden cover band and still doing Steve Harris licks, but I'm about 30 lbs and 10 years past that point. ;)

Maybe I should as an investment?

10. All I can say is I like your username
    R-uby r-uby where you ben so long :D

11. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Sounds like overkill to me, but tons of fun.