1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz 2XUB410 vs Ub810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Iritan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    Think there'd be a noticeable difference either way?

2. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I think more speakers hits harder. If you can haul the 810 you know you will always have enough. I like to drive a cabinet more so I would go 410 abd the Uber 410 is a beastly sounding cabinet.

3. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    Well, I meant two 410's making it the same amount of speakers. I guess I'm more just asking if the 200 watt extra that I'd get outta running it at a 2 ohm loadwould make a difference.

4. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    Dual 410's would have a bit more butt than an 810 due to interior box space. I would go dual 410's

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Agreed.

6. RHCP250

RHCP250

Nov 24, 2008
    You also get the modular rig luxury going with the 410's.

7. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    Yeah, that's what I figured, thanks guys!

8. not sure....getting a uber 810 soon.will let ya know.

hoooowa

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Actually, it looks like the 810 would go slightly lower. Both the two Uber 410's clock in at 45 hz whereas the Uber 810 clocks in at 40 hz. That really doesn't matter to me, but I'd still go for the 810 just because I like 810's better ;)

10. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I owned a GB-810T-Ub for a year. Great cabinet, but it's portability like all 810 cabs is lacking.

I sold it and bought two of the new GB-410T-XB3 cabs. No regrets, amazing cabs you owe it to yourself to check them out. These are easy to move/transport, flexible for every type of gig and sound incredible when driven with a GBE1200.

My rig today;

Sept_09_DSCF0675_A.

TD