1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz Benz 410T STD

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stib37, May 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Stib37

Stib37

May 11, 2018
    Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster here. I recently acquired a Genz Benz 410T STD cab. It's in fairly good shape and sounds pretty good. However, it was listed as a 4ohm setup, and upon further inspection I'm not sure that's the case. The specs on the backside of the cab are pretty beat up and near impossible to read, but I took a peak inside and all four speakers are 8 ohms. From my understanding if the speakers were wired in parallel that would be a 2ohm load, and if it was series it would be a 32 ohm load. So i guess my question is, does anyone know if its common for older cabs like this to be wired in a series/parallel manner? Thats the only way there would be an acceptable impedance. If it's 4 ohms as listed I planned on using it standalone, but if it's 8ohms I'd like to stack it on my other cab just to see how it sounds. I'm not trying to kill my amp (ampeg b2r) stacking this if it turns out to be 4 ohms.

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Series-parallel is 8 ohms.

Stumbo likes this.
  3. Cabinets have been wired series/parallel for decades and just as many still are today.