1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz 6.0 Warranty ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FuzzBoxVoodoo, Mar 18, 2009.

1. I wanted to know how to go about registering my shuttle that I picked up from a fellow TBer who used it for 1 hour and hasnt sent in any paper work.Do I need a receipt??
    And what is different about these amps than conventional amps that makes them so much lighter (Power Supply)?
    Thanks Steve

2. deekay911

deekay911 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    To be honest I wouldn't fret about the warranty - the GB team have the best customer service in the business and will stand behind their products whatever. I had one swapped out after a fan issue, and they never asked any questions, just overnighted me a new one. They are the best.
    SMPS (Switched Mode Power Supply) is the magic that loses the weight and size of that input transformer - works at a much higher frequency than AC, so needs a much smaller transformer to do the job.

3. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    I'm not worried about registering your warranty....or if it is used or new. We built it....we'll stand behind it.

Now, if it comes back to us and smells like Jaegermiester inside, complete with the stickiness....well...;)

4. I asked this in another thread- but its relevant here too :)

Does swapping the tube void the warranty?

5. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    a new tube doesn't void the warranty. If you crack the board in the process....that's a horse of another color.

6. Thanks.

7. Thanks for the great product with what appears to be excellent customer service.
    As for the Jaegermiester I can understand how that would void the warranty but what about some really good Tequila would that be an exception?:D

8. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    The light weight and high efficiency is due (in part) to both a switchmode power supply and a class D power amplifier.