Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

genz benz 610 on ebay --> info?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SRSiegel, Mar 10, 2002.

1. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    ive seen this (or similar items) on ebay a few times recently, and they have spiked my interest. it seems like this cab would be a good option for someone looking for a high eficiency cab with good low end (from the specs at least, i know they arent everything tho) anyways, im broke right now, but constantly trying to become more informed about stuff like this. so i thought id ask what you guys thought of genz benz, this cabinet in particular, and the asking price. any information would be welcome!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1522388393

in case the link isnt working, the buy it now is $525
    [​IMG]

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I've never heard the XB or XB2 series of cabs but others have told me that they are awesome! I own two standard series Genz Benz cabs and I'm very happy with them. At this time I'm trying to put together some money to get some of the XB2 series Benz. As far as that $525.00 price, I got a quote from a dealer back before the first of the year of $699.00 brand new. At anywhere close to that $699.00 price, I would probably buy a new one.

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    699 for a 6x10 aint bad

what about their 2x12?

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    The same dealer quoted me $499.00 for the 212T-XB2.

5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    not bad, the SWR 2x12 lists for 700, so could get it for like 500 or 550. i might have to find a GB dealer and try them out

6. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Bass Player did a rewiew of the GB 112 in the March edition. I thought that they provided a pretty good description of the Genz Benz tone.

7. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    thanks for all the info guys! i always thought genz benz was a respectable enclosure builder, i just wasnt sure if it was respect on say, an eden/SWR level, or a crate/carvin level. huh, yeah 700 bucks for a 6x10 isnt bad at all. i remember playing through a 610 HLF at a GC, liked it, but it wasnt 700 bucks. any more opinions, genz benz users? if you could compare them to another company, which would it be and why? thanks.

8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I would say that the Genz Benz tone is very similar to Eden's. That's even true for the standard series cabs that they make. Is it better than Eden? I don't know but I'm happier with the cabs that I got than I probably would have been with Eden. That's based on the tone that I get and cost. I think that they sound like a cab that should be in the more Eden price range. I personally prefer them to SWR cabs.