SOLD Genz Benz 8t (the mighty 8t)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by slothlane, Jul 28, 2018.

1. slothlane

slothlane Inactive

May 23, 2012
    Price:
    Here's a genz benz 8t combo with the removable amp. This thing really pumps. i've used it for both upright and electric and it sounds fantastic. Has a little kick back feature installed by previous owner. 13 pounds. Ships in original Genz Benz packaging (collectors item!).
    just need the money, same old story, or i'd keep it forever. great doubler.
    would trade for a shuttle 6.2 or streamliner head, or similar mark bass or aguilar (possibly) IMG_3495.JPG IMG_3496.JPG

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Arnold and steelbed45 like this.
  2. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    The kick back was done at the factory I believe. Nice amp. GLWYS.

3. BAE

BAE

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee
    Is the gig bag and shipping included?

4. slothlane

slothlane Inactive

May 23, 2012
    Can be Pm me

5. alexbrownebass

alexbrownebass Endorsing Artist - Genzler Amplication, NS Design Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Austin, TX
    These are the best amps for doubling that I've come across. Good luck with the sale!

6. BAE

BAE

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee
    There is no pm link in your profile.

7. slothlane

slothlane Inactive

May 23, 2012
    i sent you a pm you should be able to respond

8. GroovyBaby

GroovyBaby G&L Fanboy Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Huntingdon, PA
    What is doubling? Using more than one amp? Why are they so go for this? Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks.

9. alexbrownebass

alexbrownebass Endorsing Artist - Genzler Amplication, NS Design Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Austin, TX
    "Doubling" traditionally means playing both upright and electric!

GroovyBaby likes this.
  10. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    How is this combo for low volume rehearsing? Hope you don't mind me asking but what is the total weight and dimensions. Thanks.

11. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    I'll bump this, even though Slothlane and I are mortal enemies. I have one 3.0 head, and both the 8t and 10t cabinets, and I will never sell them. The 8t is frighteningly capable for such a small cabinet, even with 5-string, if you aren't seeking unrealistic volume. Kick-back is a factory feature. I wouldn't hesitate to take this to a coffee-house gig that didn't include a traps set. What's truly fun is how you can travel with this minuscule cabinet in your luggage. And the tone quality of the GB solid-state preamp circuit is a dream - I really, really like those amps.

slothlane likes this.
  12. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Gold Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    PM sent

13. revroy

revroy Supporting Member

I had one for a while and regretted selling it. It is a killer little rig. Tiny, light weight, great sound. No, it won’t keep up with a loud drummer but you can pull thee head out and connect to a larger cab and be good to go. I also had a Shuttle 9.0 and preferred the sound of the 3.0’s preamp.

14. slothlane

slothlane Inactive

May 23, 2012
    Sale pending

15. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I concur with Revroy. The Shuttle 9.0 was a wonderful amp...but I liked the sound of the little 3.0's pre better. I had the 3.0-10t combo and it was amazing. All I have heard about the 8t has been that is even more amazing...simply because one doesn't expect the quality and quantity of sound to come out of such a diminutive little amp.

16. slothlane

slothlane Inactive

May 23, 2012
    it can keep up with a drummer. i've used it with a drummer who got plenty loud and i was right there in the mix. it's killer, i would never have parted with it but i'm mostly using my ai with my crazy 8 for my little rig and crazy 88 for my big. my doubling is mostly with fretless and i've found that for fretless tape wound playing the ai is my preferred sound, and of course for upright. but the 8t kills for sure. those that were interested if you come across another (there's one on reverb right now) i would not hesitate to grab it.

17. Matt Ides

Matt Ides Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    For future reference 8T kick back is not done at the factory but was a user modification. You need larger rubber feet on the bottom to make it work, but it does work great. I did this on 2 8t that have sold in the past. pic attached as reference. 8t Kick back mod.JPG

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021