GENZ BENZ - Amazing Customer Service!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony G, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    I just wanted to make this thread to let all you guys know that Genz Benz has amazing customer service. I had a problem with my NeoX 212T cab and they took care of me right away! They are overnighting a new cab to me and I should have it tomorrow!!! I want to again thank Roger Hart (product manager) and Genz Benz for being so incredible with all of this.

Please see this thread for details:
  2. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution
    thanks for taking the time to post this Tony.

It's all good! Customer service is so important to us that it is actually part of our mission statement. When making, marketing and selling product there is so much beyond your control- there is so much great equipment out there that the player has to decide what is best for them so once you hit a level of making pro gear, the rest is out of your control and is up to the player.

Customer service though is within your control so we do the best we can. We're professional musicians too and know how it feels when equipment goes down.

Also, to be frank, it is great PR. Most importantly though, it does sincerely feel good to have a happy customer. I'm proud of my affiliation with GB and we want you to be proud to play it.

Thanks again,
  3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    Hey, posting this is the least I can do. I really love genz benz stuff. I previously had a genz benz 210XB and 115 cab and I loved that combo! I decided though that was too much for me to carry from gig to gig after a while, and when you guys came out with the NEOX stuff, it was only a matter of time before I went out and bought one. I absolutely love that cab, such round but punchy lows, with articulate yet punchy highs.... It is such a small lightweight cab that when I take it to gigs, nobody believes it will fill the room. I have proven them wrong again and again. I can't wait to get the new one. I'd imagine it is even better than the one I had!

Thanks again!
  4. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    That's great to hear!

Customer service is what makes a company stick out these days! Cheers to Genz Benz!
  5. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours

Gotta' Getta' Genz! :^>)
  6. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    :D :D
    thanks Richard. I hope you're well.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow this is cool. I had an old GB amp not too long ago. I wish I kept it.

8. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I have a GBE400. No problems yet, but its good to know they're there to back up the product!
  9. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I've said this before, but I'll praise the customer support of Genz-Benz in a thread dedicated to it.

My cab had a bad speaker. Jeff was out on a business trip. He forwarded the e-mail to one of the people at the office and asked them to take care of me, which was done immediately. I had my new speaker shipped out the next day (it was already too late). I was only asked for my name and address and it was shipped out at no cost (they even covered shipping). Also, I was not obligated to send out the old speaker.

They made it quick and easy. I didn't have to do anything. Just give out my name and address and the package arrived shortly after. No questions asked. No bull****, just, "Where and to whom can I send it to?"
  10. R Briere

I've been in the music retail business for 40 years, but, more importantly, I've been a bass player for that entire period as well. IMHO, we're now in the worst situation possible when it comes to customer service. Between the "Big Boxes" and the "BIG Producers", greed, slick advertising and short-sightedness have become the creed and the norm rather than the exception. I hope that more players will look to companies like Genz-Benz, Aguilar, Lakland, EA and other small-ish manufacturers that we read about on this Forum who actually care about their extended family of "customers". :^>)

Edited to add: Note to all of you "cool" builders/manufacturers. Please keep all of those nice things that are said about you in mind when the "Motherships" come and try to buy you. :^>)
  11. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006

Didn't GB already get bought by the Kaman "mothership"?
  12. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    yes but Kaman is quite rare in the way they aquire new companies. In the last two years Kaman has bought three. When they do so they leave the companies intact and in place. If a company has become desirable enough to purchase they don't want to go in and change everything around.

This is why Jeff Genzler is still running Genz and why he answers the phone very often when you call.
  13. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006

Very cool. Good to hear! :)
  14. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Having purchased a new GB610T-XB2 a few months ago, stories like this one re-confirm too me why I choose to buy a Genz-Benz product. Especially when I've never owned any of their products before.

Should I ever decide to move away from my large tube amp, it will be replaced with a Genz-Benz GBE-1200. I like this head.

GB = Quality products, quality people.

15. R Briere

There are "Mother"-ships and then there are "Other-ships". As for the response from HasBeen, I couldn't have said it better myself. "If it ain't broke, don't mess with it until YOU manage to break it and ruin what used to be a great company". :^>)
  16. Always cool to find out you're gonna be taken care of after the fact. Renewed confidance in my GBE600 and 2x12 NEOX.

Cheers !!!
  17. THB_bassman

Oct 11, 2005
    Bought an older, used 410T-XB and wanted to update it with handle and wheels, they sent the parts to me right away, and only charged a little, it was reasonable and fair.
    Love the cab, and love the company.
  18. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Just bought a gbe 400 and neo X from a local dealer. I could not be happier. The amp / cab sounds wonderful and are aesthetically beautiful.It is louder than any other amp I have seen in its class. I've been told and read they rate their amps very conservatively and it has got to be true.
  19. jamesblue

jamesblue Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Central Maryland
    Since we have a GB in the forum, I have a request.
    Could you design an all tube amp, GB pre w/tube power 100-300 watts would be great?
    I know it's a wisper in the wind, but worth a try.:cool: