1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz-Benz amps and Avatar speaker cabs?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JTE, May 18, 2011.

1. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    I just saw that Avatar is selling G/B amps in a package deal with Avatar cabs. Something new from Avatar? $100 off Genz/Benz's MAP on the Shuttle 6.0, Shuttle 9.0, and the Streamliner 900 with purchase of a cabinet.

John

2. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I few years ago they did that with Hartke heads and another brand but I don't remember the brand. I also remember them doing that with THD tube heads and their guitar cabs.

3. faulknersj

faulknersj Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    That is awesome! I have owned countless rigs and the Steamliner 900 + Avatar TB-153 combo is as good as it gets imo.

4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    I also saw that they're getting ready to market an Avatar guitar head. Preamp based on Marshall (a model 1974, and a higher-gain version) with a dual EL84 18 watt power amp. Hmm... an 18 watt Marshall- sounds like the perfect guitar amp...

John

5. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    Yeah, I saw that one too.

PTP hand-wired.

Very GAS inducing!

6. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    I figured plug it into a 1x12 cabinet, aim it at the guitarists ears (like a monitor wedge from the front) and the stage volume would drop to near talking levels!!!! :hyper:

7. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    One of those with a 112 cab in a tilt-back stand would handle pretty much any gig fine. A far better solution than any 100-watt half-stack.

I don't play guitar on gigs, but would love to have a sweet low-wattage amp like that around the house for those few times that I do use a guitar.