Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Genz Benz Bass Gear

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by thumpmaster, Jul 31, 2004.

1. thumpmaster

thumpmaster

Feb 22, 2002
    Maryland
    I am selling one of my Genz Benz Bass Rigs. The rig consist of 1-Genz Benz GBE600 head, 1-Genz Benz GB210-XB2 cab, and 1-Genz Benz NeoX-212 cab. 600watts of the finest bass tone on the market through the best combination of bass speakers (2) 10"s and (2) 12"s. This rig would cost you over $2000 brand New. I am selling mine, which is in MINT condition for $1000 firm. Local pickup or delivery only. Email me for a pic.

2. seismic demo

seismic demo

Mar 22, 2004
    Dear Thumpmaster,
    I have an S.W.R. Goliath III 4X10 bass cabinet that I will trade you for your 2 2X10 cabinets. I am located outside Philadelphia, so, perhaps, we could meet in person to make the swap! P.M. me back- let me know what you think.

P.S.:
    May the groove be with you!

:hyper:

3. thumpmaster

thumpmaster

Feb 22, 2002
    Maryland
    Oh you don't know. I already have more gear than I need. That's why I am selling some. Plus, I am extremely loyal to Genz Benz gear.

4. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I'm in the process of unloading some additional gear also (I'm not here to hijack your thread though!). I just noticed you're a loyal GB guy. So am I. What other gear do you have? Just curious.

I use a 410T-XB and a 210T-XB with a GBE600 head. I'm getting rid of an additional 210T-XB and a 410T.

I've also had a GB115B (the big one), LS115B, (2) GB12Ts, and an Intro 50 combo. I love their gear, it sounds fantastic and looks awesome!

A pic I took of the 410T-XB, 410T, and one of the 210T-XBs: http://users.1st.net/milk/GB_Rig.jpg

5. thumpmaster

thumpmaster

Feb 22, 2002
    Maryland
    Wow! that is a mighty tall rig. :cool: Right now, I have two full rigs. Each consisting of a GBE600, a 210T-XB2, and a NeoX-212. I also have a 610-XB2 that I keep at a friends studio. I am trying to sell one full rig. Only asking $1100 for the full rig, but I will NOT ship it. That's a good price, isn't it?

6. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    It's a good price, yes. But trying to sell an entire rig is like trying to sell a collection of cars. Usually people only have the money or need for one part of the group.

I highly recommend splitting it up. The GBE600 you should be able to sell for $500-$600 or more (bluebook value used is $550), the 210T-XB2 should fetch around $300-$350, and the Neo-X I'm not sure about, but you should be able to get more than $1100 total for all 3 things.

You should also consider shipping the stuff. Most buyers are willing to pay for the shipping fees, and it's not too much hassle to box and ship it. Refusing to ship an item EXTREMELY limits your number of possible buyers.

I've been buying and selling all kinds of cabs, amps, and basses for a few years, checking out as much gear as I can and building the best rig possible. If not for shipping, I would probably still be using my first crappy rig. :)

Just something to think about man.
    Jake

7. thumpmaster

thumpmaster

Feb 22, 2002
    Maryland
    Well, I'm not looking for anything else. I've already tried gear from Ampeg, Aguilar, Alembic, Eden, Gallien Krueger, Hartke, Mesa, Peavey, Sansamp, SWR, and Warwick, and IMO, everything else is sub-par to the Genz Benz rig. And since I'm not that pressed to sell it anyway, I'll just keep advertising, and eventually the right person will see it. If not, I'll just keep it. But thanks for the advise anyway.