Genz Benz cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sundogue, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Does anyone have any information (aside from specs) on the Genz Benz Live Series Bass Cabinet (1x15 Inch 300 Watt)?

It looks to be a small, yet powerful cabinet. Unfortunately it is an 8 ohm cab, but it looks interesting.

I'm looking into setting up a very small head/cab setup that is easy to haul around but will maintain a fairly robust sound. I will be going through a PA, so it does not need to be anything more than stage volume (though I still like to "feel" it onstage).

It will be matched up with either a Hartke 4000 or an Eden WT400.

Anyone use one of these cabs have an opinion on them, or any other small cab that can handle the amps?

NOTE: Yes, I'm doing searches for relevant info, here and elsewhere on the net.
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I owned the older version of the 1-12 cabinet in the Live series. Well made, pretty good sound though not as detailed as cabs like Epifani and Bergantino.

When someone borrowed it and blew the tweeter, the factory sent me a replacement under the transferrable warranty (I bought the cab used).

I was very satisifed with it overall (sold it as gig needs changed) and would recommend GB cabs if you are on a tight budget.
  3. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I'm not sure if it's what I want...I'm still looking.

I'm also looking for information about Avatar cabs but I cannot find a single website selling them...or their website. Any ideas?

Basically I'm looking for a small cab that can handle either an Eden WT400 or a Hartke 4000, that is very portable, yet loud and cheap...ok, I'm looking for the holy grail (or something close to it). :)

It could be a 210, 12 or 15 as long as it is small and loud and can handle a low B.
  4. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

my favorite place to buy them - you can save few bucks buying them from here

I've got one of the old C12s, one of the old C15s and have another used C12 on the way. I like them - in my live environment they sound fine to me. I'm idly thinking about trading the 15 for a 12 and buying another 12 - then I could set up a 4x12 (made up of 1x12s) to go with the guitarists 4x12s.

I can't say much about their low B handling as I'm a 4-stringer and don't have my BEAD bass here and set up yet.

When I had my HA4000 I paired it with a SWR WM15t cab - and it was good. The WM15t is actually fairly light but a bit bulky (for my taste, not really big for a 15 cab). Now I'm back to a power amp (Carvin DCM1000) using a Dunlop MXR M-80 as a pre and driving my pair (soon to be trio) of Avatar cabs. The Avatars are doing the job admirably and in the old compact format are small enough and light enough to keep me happy.