Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Genz Benz combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Basso Gruvitas, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Does anyone out there own any Genz Benz combos? I'm interested in the ML-12 instead of an SWR Workingman's 12. Can anyone make any helpful comparisons?

The dealers all love them, even the ones whose opinions I trust. What do YOU say?

2. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I have a GB ML12-T that is my first bass amp. I've had it for about 2 years now. No problems and it's been great for my use so far (band practice, house parties). I've been satisfied with the sound but don't have a lot of amp experience to draw on (obviously). It's been trouble free and I've had email questions answered by Jeff Genzler. My favorite guitar shop here in the Houston area is a dealer for them and I'm considering getting another GB cab to go with my "larger rig" that I'm putting together (I just wish the 210xb wasn't so heavy or that the 12t cab handled more watts).

3. Thanks for the reply. The next time you're in a music store, plug into an SWR Workingmans 12. I would love to get your thoughts on how it compares to the ML-12.

I thought about getting the 250C-112 combo. It has great features, but it weighs almost 70 lbs!!

4. I don't remember the Genz Benz model I played, I think it was the GBE250C-112T, it blew the doors off the SWR WM 12, but that is an unfair comparison.......I really like G-B probucts though....
    If weight is an issue, realize my combo weighs over 100 lbs.
    Go with the GBE......

5. Jman

Jman

Mar 24, 2000
    Waterport,NY
    I have a Genz Benz GBE250C-210T which is a combo with 2 x 10 speakers with port and tweeter and I use a GB 15 cab.
    I originally bought the combo and didnt have the deep bottom I wanted. A week latter I added the cab and now this rig has all I could want or need.
    Genz Benz has alot of head room and the tone is outstanding.
    I dont under stand the comparison with SWR?
    SWR has a sound all its own,and the GB is totally clean no sound other than what your bass is putting out.I like a clean amp that lets my different basses talk.I dont want that sound hampered by my amp.
    I have owned alot of amps over the years from Sunn to GK and in between and "I think the GenzBenz is the cleanest sounding and the most impressive built amp I've used.
    Good Luck