1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz benz content: One Neo212 or Two Neox 112's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trandy16, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Due to weight and space considerations, I am considering two Genz Benz Neox 112 cabinets instead of one Neox 212.

Can I expect the same performance from the individual cabinets as I can from the one larger cabinet?

Comments from The Genz Benz factory guys are, of course, welcomed. :)

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Yes, in fact the performance will be slightly better in terms of low frequency extension (very slightly though)

3. I have been interested in these cabinets also, to go with my GBE1200. I read here on TB that the cabinets are actually lighter than what is stated on the Genz Benz website, maybe someone can confirm this? :confused:

4. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    I'm interested in this. There was a thread not too long ago where a similar question was asked, 2x112 vs 1x212, and I believe the thinking went something like the physically larger cabinet would have a deeper fundamental simply because of it's size. OK... I am screwing this one up due to memory loss (it happens, ya know) but I'm seriously interested in this one as well.

5. Do you mean slightly "better" with the two 1-12" cabs or the one 212 cab?

6. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    I'd say you're better off just gettin' two 212's.

7. Like I mentioned in my original post...space and weight is a consideration. :)

8. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    Dual 112's does sound bigger. The 212 is smaller than dual 112's but you can take one or both when needed. A number of Genz users have a 212 and a 112 and take what they need. Either way you won't go wrong.

110_8332.

9. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Yes, this is correct.

10. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Get the dual 112's over a single 212. They're a bit bigger sounding together, and you can just take one on a lot of gigs and save yourself some trouble. If you want a third later, then just add it. Trips would be a very cool rig to have!

11. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    The other thing with 2 112's is versatility and the ability to change placement. When I run the 1200 and a pair of 112's, the 120 sleeve locks in to the corners of the 112 (or 212 even). So I put a 112 on the floor, the 120 on top of it, and the second 112 on the head with the "kick stand" down. This way 1 12 is aimed higher at my head and the bottom gets to to kick lowend all over the floor. With the 6.0 I have run a single 12 with the 6.0 on top and the second 112 off to my left about 6 feet facing my ear and the drummer. He likes that and says he can hear better than he can with it right next to him. So you get the ability to place them where you need them. If I am going through the P.a. on 1 occassion I out a 112 on each side of monitor facing me so I heard everything coming from the same place.

12. Malachi71

Malachi71

Oct 11, 2007
    I am interested in the same setup except I was looking at the Avatar SB112 neo. I was experimenting with the T/S parameters of the Eminence 2512 neo speaker on WinISD. The 2-112's do slightly outperform the 2x12 in the lower frequencies.