1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz Contour 500 or Ampeg BA210v2?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by UNCLE SUSAN, Oct 27, 2018.

1. UNCLE SUSAN

UNCLE SUSAN Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I own both of these right now and am wondering which one I should add an extention cab to (I dont mind mixing brands and am open to suggestions). I play fretless and fretted 5 string in a ambient soundscape band but when I'm at home I like to play really aggressive fingerstyle with lots of attack (Mr. Bungle, Entwhistle, Rush, NOMEANSNO, Primus) I really like both of these combos and there isn't really that much of a difference I can tell when I fiddle with the knobs. I would like to keep everything copacetic and have everything match but as i said its not entirely important as long as everything sounds good. I want to ultimately buy an extension cab for live shows and keep one combo in my jam room as a stay at home combo. The Ampeg is brand new and the Genz is from 2012 so there is no warranty on the Genz and I've yet to register the ampeg. I reeeeeeally want the Contour 210 extension cab but I can hardly find any and the ones I do find are just a hair too much out of my price range. They are both extremely lightweight making load in a breeze with only one trip from the car to the venue, bass flung on my back and amp in hand.

Controls are simple enough for both and output is about the same, I just want to know which one i should really invest more money into to have the best sounding live rig. I'm leaning more towards the Genz Benz at this point but could be swayed either way.

Any and all constructive opinions are welcome.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    First off, by US law you don't have to register your amp for the warranty to be valid. However, you may want to save the receipt until you do. Other than that, I have no opinion since I've never played the Contour.