Genz-Benz customer service

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flatwound, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I had an interesting experience with Genz-Benz/TubeWorks. I have some interest in the Blue Tube pedal, but the information I wanted was not on their website, so I e-mailed them. No response. So, a few days later, I called them on the phone. I didn't really care for the attitude of the lady who answered ("Have you looked at our website? There's information there.") :rolleyes: , but she took my number and said someone would call me. Nobody called. :( I dashed off a snippy e-mail to Genz-Benz outlining these experiences and mentioning that I wasn't interested in a company that wasn't interested in me. :mad: Lo and Behold, I get an e-mail from Cathy Genzler apologizing and telling me that Jeff Genzler (The Big Cheese) wanted to talk to me. :) I called. We talked. He was very helpful, answered my questions, and was very apologetic about my experiences. I have to admit that I'm impressed. I have definitely put Genz-Benz back on my list of companies worth patronizing. I'm still not sure if I want the Blue Tube pedal or not, but I think having the president of the company talk to me because I had a bad experience with his people says a lot.
  2. Don't get me started on those $*%!ers! I'll tell you this...

I bought a Genz-Benz 135-watt amp which just happened to be defective. So, we got the store I bought it from to send it to Genz-Benz. After about months of waiting, and using the store's SWR Workingman's 12, I got my amp back. I was so excited, until I hit my open E and the same crackling crap happened again. Lo and behold, I emailed the company, and they acted all appologetic and told me to give it back to the store to send to them. After another month, I ask the store about when they sent the amp back, and they said that Genz-Benz told them not to send it back, and to look at it themselves. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed off. And although I like my amp, I will never buy another Genz-Benz product again.