1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz-Benz customer service

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flatwound, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I had an interesting experience with Genz-Benz/TubeWorks. I have some interest in the Blue Tube pedal, but the information I wanted was not on their website, so I e-mailed them. No response. So, a few days later, I called them on the phone. I didn't really care for the attitude of the lady who answered ("Have you looked at our website? There's information there.") :rolleyes: , but she took my number and said someone would call me. Nobody called. :( I dashed off a snippy e-mail to Genz-Benz outlining these experiences and mentioning that I wasn't interested in a company that wasn't interested in me. :mad: Lo and Behold, I get an e-mail from Cathy Genzler apologizing and telling me that Jeff Genzler (The Big Cheese) wanted to talk to me. :) I called. We talked. He was very helpful, answered my questions, and was very apologetic about my experiences. I have to admit that I'm impressed. I have definitely put Genz-Benz back on my list of companies worth patronizing. I'm still not sure if I want the Blue Tube pedal or not, but I think having the president of the company talk to me because I had a bad experience with his people says a lot.

2. Don't get me started on those $*%!ers! I'll tell you this...

I bought a Genz-Benz 135-watt amp which just happened to be defective. So, we got the store I bought it from to send it to Genz-Benz. After about months of waiting, and using the store's SWR Workingman's 12, I got my amp back. I was so excited, until I hit my open E and the same crackling crap happened again. Lo and behold, I emailed the company, and they acted all appologetic and told me to give it back to the store to send to them. After another month, I ask the store about when they sent the amp back, and they said that Genz-Benz told them not to send it back, and to look at it themselves. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed off. And although I like my amp, I will never buy another Genz-Benz product again.