Genz Benz footswitch query

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by radiophonic, Apr 8, 2019.

1. radiophonic

radiophonic

May 9, 2013
    I've been offered a Shuttle 12.2 as a trade and I'm quite interested in the channel and pre-shape switching. However, I'd be looking to replace the some of the footswitch functionality with by Boss ES5 for live work. I'd need to wire up some sort of DIN > TS / TRS cable, but first I'd need to know what the pin assignments are. Does anyone know? Has anyone done this? Did it work?

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    @agedhorse will be able to help you out I’m guessing.

wave rider and BassmanPaul like this.
  3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    This is not how the Boss effects switcher works, it's completely incompatible as it's a MIDI device plus loop switcher. This would be a good way to damage your switcher as well as the amp.

If you want to be able to footswitch the amp, the complete footswitches with cable are still available as a service part. PM me if you are interested.

wave rider likes this.
  4. radiophonic

radiophonic

May 9, 2013
    This is exactly how an ES5 works! It has 2 x 1/4" TS / TRS contact closure outputs, specifically for controlling amp channel switching. They can be set to either latching or momentary. I don't want to run a separate footswitch in addition to my effects board due to the footprint.